Eddy

Error 504

I've tweaked some things which should at least improve the Ignored Sets page when there are a huge number of sets in there.

I could finaly open the ignored page a few days ago and saved 1950 so atleast i can start somewhere.

Can only browse by yaer now by changing the date in the url by hand that is the only way it works for me.

The ignored page itself does not work for me i can't open it, i have now 14400 ignored items.

On 26/02/2018 at 4:22 AM, Lucky-Ramses said:

I could finaly open the ignored page a few days ago and saved 1950 so atleast i can start somewhere.

Can only browse by yaer now by changing the date in the url by hand that is the only way it works for me.

The ignored page itself does not work for me i can't open it, i have now 14400 ignored items.

I'm curious how you use the Ignored Sets page? Why do you need to open it to save 1950 results?

FYI only a few hundred people have more than 100 sets in that list, and you have more than double the next highest number!

In any case, I've restructured it a bit as an experiment that should be faster. Could you please try it out and see how it goes now?

I'm using it only to see which parts i'm missing from the sets these will be ordered by BL and if it is 100% it will be ignored, on this moment i have almost 15000 sets ignored.

All these sets can be build whit the right parts, only without the minifigs.

By the end of this year i hope to have all the parts for 99% of the Lego sets, with the amount of 561200 part in 22830 different parts i'm almost ready.

A few catagories are completly ignored by me such as Fabuland/ Bionicle and Mindstorm maybe these will be done in the future.

And 1950 is only 6 sets ignored that was the page which was the fastest to open even when everything gave error 504.

How is the Ignored Sets page performing for you with the last change I made?

Works better only getting now many times error 414 and have to start over.

Also the website itself gives many times during european daytime "Internal Server Error" on a compleet blank page.

I've made some significant backend changes to the My Part Lists page which should improve performance. Can you please let me know how that performs for you (and if there are any bugs I missed!) before I apply similar changes to the Sets/Lists pages.

On the moment i have no problems, but with pale moon there are less problems then with IE11/ Edge and mainly Chrome that was causing a lot of problems whit the time out.

1 thing pale moon always does is loading the page, after that it is downloading the pictures and when it is very busy i don't see them all but the page is there.

What is causing a bit of a problem is the m.rebrickable(that is what pale moon is saing) response when that takes to long i am missing the part pictures, but the page itself is there.

Just 1 question you made for the my spare parts list a other menu then for all my parts, is it possible to make the same menu for all my parts as the spare parts, the complete menu stays and you can just choose a new 1 without loading all again, that is 50% faster then that it is now, i only use all my parts now by opening everything in a new page because it is so very slow.

Every page i want to see takes about 20 to 25 seconds to load completely, that is in my spare parts also but i do not have to go back and that is a time saver of 50%

And just a further question i have a second account and have also the same mail options set for that one but when my cookie expires also the emailing stops is that build in???

I still have it because it occurs regerly that i do not get every new moc submitted in the mailing, and have to check the website to see what i did miss.

16 hours ago, Eddy said:

On the moment i have no problems, but with pale moon there are less problems then with IE11/ Edge and mainly Chrome that was causing a lot of problems whit the time out.

1 thing pale moon always does is loading the page, after that it is downloading the pictures and when it is very busy i don't see them all but the page is there.

What is causing a bit of a problem is the m.rebrickable(that is what pale moon is saing) response when that takes to long i am missing the part pictures, but the page itself is there.

Ok, that sounds like progress at least. Downloading hundreds of images at once is a different problem to tackle, I'll see what I can do there.

16 hours ago, Eddy said:

Just 1 question you made for the my spare parts list a other menu then for all my parts, is it possible to make the same menu for all my parts as the spare parts, the complete menu stays and you can just choose a new 1 without loading all again, that is 50% faster then that it is now, i only use all my parts now by opening everything in a new page because it is so very slow.

Every page i want to see takes about 20 to 25 seconds to load completely, that is in my spare parts also but i do not have to go back and that is a time saver of 50%

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean here. What is the spare parts list? Do you mean adding the list of Part Lists and Set Lists to the left on the My All Parts page? That's probably a good idea.

16 hours ago, Eddy said:

And just a further question i have a second account and have also the same mail options set for that one but when my cookie expires also the emailing stops is that build in???

I still have it because it occurs regerly that i do not get every new moc submitted in the mailing, and have to check the website to see what i did miss.

Sending emails costs money, so I try to make sure I'm only sending emails to people who are interested in them. If the account has not logged in in 90 days they won't get anything. There are a few other checks, but that's probably the one impacting you.

You could also use the RSS feed to get the full list instead of emails: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/rss/

7 hours ago, Nathan said:

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean here. What is the spare parts list? Do you mean adding the list of Part Lists and Set Lists to the left on the My All Parts page? That's probably a good idea.

Yes that is exactly what i meant, it is still a kind of a problem to write in English what i think and explain it right.

To make  all my parts a lot faster to use that would be great, now i open it and everything i do i open in a new screen so i do not have to wait till the main page is back and that is a time saver of 50% for me.

In my loose parts and set list that is already the case and a lot faster and works very fine.

I hope you also can do that for the colors in all my parts that also would work a lot faster i now have 127 different colors and would also be a huge time saver, and less traffic on the server i think.

Just now, Eddy said:

Yes that is exactly what i meant, it is still a kind of a problem to write in English what i think and explain it right.

To make  all my parts a lot faster to use that would be great, now i open it and everything i do i open in a new screen so i do not have to wait till the main page is back and that is a time saver of 50% for me.

In my loose parts and set list that is already the case and a lot faster and works very fine.

I hope you also can do that for the colors in all my parts that also would work a lot faster i now have 127 different colors and would also be a huge time saver, and less traffic on the server i think.

I've just pushed a change that makes loading the filters in All My Parts twice as fast, and I'm working on a solution for loading the images.

The All My Parts page has to work a lot harder than the My Part Lists and My Set Lists pages as it has to merge two different data sources. I'll look into adding some list filters to it.