adrien79

1064-1 Dacta buildings: missing inventory

Hi,

Set 1064-1 (Dacta buildings) currently has no inventory. I've created ldr files for all the models contained in this set, based on pictures of a recent online sale that showing the models from various angles and part of the instruction sheets. The models are quite simple and the inventory should be correct at say 99%.

Can I submit those files to create the inventory, and how should I do that ?

Adrien

PS: I've not found instructions for this set anywhere online.

Edited by adrien79

No first of all it's a Dacta set so all pieces might not be used, and it's buildings so there is plenty of ways to combine bricks to get the same shape. so unless you actually have the full instruction leave the inventory empty, you can post it as a MOC.

What biodreamer has said is very true.  These Dacta sets could only be ordered by educators, and they came with a variety of parts that differed from one person's set to the next.  When I lived in Germany, I was able to order set 1066 for my son's church class in 1986.  I was able to inventory it here at rebrickable because I still had the original box with a label showing the contents I received.  However, someone else may have received different parts from mine if they ordered it during the original release year.

I've submitted one subset as a MOC as suggested above but it was rejected (quite correctly, this is not my own creation) by a moderator who asked me to post all six models as subsets of 1064-1.

I've done that but it was rejected too and I was asked to submit the whole inventory first. Sorry but I don't know how to do that (as I said above) and I'm finding the process a bit complicated.

The only thing I know is that the set contained instruction sheets for all six subsets. Each instruction sheet had its own inventory and delineations around the bricks, so that there is a single way to build the models, and I don't see how one could receive different contents.

I'm attaching the set here as a single mpd file so that you can use it if you want.

1064_dacta_buildings.mpd

Please note that, in the above mpd file, one of the torsos is incorrect (missing in LDraw) and the others are made of separate parts.

The correct list of torsos is: 973p21c01, 973p24c01, 973p26c01, 973pb0069c01, 973pb0091c01, 973px3c01 (one of each).

4 hours ago, adrien79 said:

I've submitted one subset as a MOC as suggested above but it was rejected (quite correctly, this is not my own creation) by a moderator who asked me to post all six models as subsets of 1064-1.

I've done that but it was rejected too and I was asked to submit the whole inventory first. Sorry but I don't know how to do that (as I said above) and I'm finding the process a bit complicated.

The only thing I know is that the set contained instruction sheets for all six subsets. Each instruction sheet had its own inventory and delineations around the bricks, so that there is a single way to build the models, and I don't see how one could receive different contents.

I'm attaching the set here as a single mpd file so that you can use it if you want.

1064_dacta_buildings.mpd

I'm sorry you've received conflicting messages.  I had forgotten that there are cards with official LEGO instructions.

I'm unable to open a mpd file, so this may be why you are having difficulties submitting it.  Checking with @Nathan to see if we can solve this.