Murdoch17

custom lists buying bug

Okay, so in my Custom lists, I have MOCs I know the parts are available from Bricklink, yet when I click on "buy parts" it shows and error notice with "No stores matching your filters were found"... the only problem is, all my filters are just set for Bricklink, and only sellers from the USA. Here's the kicker: some lists allow for me to order parts, but most of the others show the error page notice.

Anyone else having this problem? If anyone can help, please do!

The Buy Parts tab only considers parts in the Parts tab, so if you mean you only have MOCs in the list it won't show up there. Items in the Sets tab can be bought via the Buy Sets tab, although it won't work for MOCs as they are unique to Rebrickable.

You can export the MOCs parts to files and import those files into the Parts tab on your Custom List. Then the Buy Parts tab will work it out for you.

1 hour ago, Nathan said:

The Buy Parts tab only considers parts in the Parts tab, so if you mean you only have MOCs in the list it won't show up there. Items in the Sets tab can be bought via the Buy Sets tab, although it won't work for MOCs as they are unique to Rebrickable.

You can export the MOCs parts to files and import those files into the Parts tab on your Custom List. Then the Buy Parts tab will work it out for you.

I meant the whole moc is parted out via ldd and isn't showing up as buy-able. sorry i wasn't clear.

3 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

I meant the whole moc is parted out via ldd and isn't showing up as buy-able. sorry i wasn't clear.

Can you give me the list URL.

26 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

It seems to work now, but only when I click the "share URL" button! Here's the one i had the most problems with before: Link to my list

EDIT: and now it's not working again!

It caches results for a while which might be making it harder to diagnose. Also, I assume you are US based? as it filters on stores that deliver to your region.

There are two main reasons it might not show BL results - 1. BL is currently undergoing maintenance which it does daily for some reason, or 2. the BL api request timed out.

I'll try to see if the timeouts are occurring more frequently.

I am us based, and do you have any updates on this bug or possible fixes? (I've also noticed the Brickowl links work properly so only Bricklink is the issue, if that helps!) I was going to order these parts here tomorrow: https://rebrickable.com/users/Murdoch17/lists/17563/?parts_page_size=248#parts but since it's not letting me it looks like I'll have to wait...

@Nathan  I ran his list through a Multi Buy and came up with 0 Sellers having 60897 in LBG.  However, if I went to one of the stores and typed in 60897 it took me to the listings for 4085d with plenty of the part available in that color.  Don't know if that will help solve the problem, but it was the only thing I could find that was :wacko:.

I'm currently working on a fix related to caching timed out api calls which I believe should help.

It's working ok for me. I can only assume it's because the API call is timing out for you. Now that I'm looking for it, my stats are showing that the Bricklink response times out pretty often.

I've modified the code to be smarter with it's caching - i.e. it won't cache the result if there was a timeout, so you can immediately reload the page to try again. It will also display a warning message when this has happened.

If you still can't get it to show up, you could use the Add Parts to BrickLink Wanted List button which uses a different API to send the data to BrickLink and then search for stores there instead. Alternatively, use BrickOwl?

7 hours ago, Nathan said:

It's working ok for me. I can only assume it's because the API call is timing out for you. Now that I'm looking for it, my stats are showing that the Bricklink response times out pretty often.

I've modified the code to be smarter with it's caching - i.e. it won't cache the result if there was a timeout, so you can immediately reload the page to try again. It will also display a warning message when this has happened.

If you still can't get it to show up, you could use the Add Parts to BrickLink Wanted List button which uses a different API to send the data to BrickLink and then search for stores there instead. Alternatively, use BrickOwl?

Thank you for all your help, It is working now... I appreciate your quick responses!

@Nathan: I have to get this list parted out for my brother's Christmas present, and it has been refusing to load at all on the "buy parts tab". I've been trying for quite a few days with no success, and still can't get it to load at all on that tab. See here: bakery parts list for the parts.

2 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

@Nathan: I have to get this list parted out for my brother's Christmas present, and it has been refusing to load at all on the "buy parts tab". I've been trying for quite a few days with no success, and still can't get it to load at all on that tab. See here: bakery parts list for the parts.

never-mind, I just ordered it from brick-link directly. sorry to bother you @Nathan!

I've just fixed a bug with searching for parts across multiple pages which might have affected your list.