mrRoy

Set 6090

Heya,

im new, tried to search, but couldn't find any answer.

Cleaning out some boxes and found this great thing, been 15-20 years since it has been build i guess. Got some problems placing some parts, which i can't find. Might be that i'm overlooking something, but would be appreciated if someone would be able to help me out!

34 x 3004 (light gray), only able to find 33 of them in the instructions.

Thanks,

Roy

Edited by mrRoy

I've checked. Peeron.com says 34, and Bricklink says 33.
Since you've checked the instructions, I'm going with 33. I'll edit the inventory

@thea has suggested it might be that there is an extra 3004 needed for some of the b-models in the back of the instructions-book. In that case you do get the #34 in the set, but it's not needed in the main build. Apparently that happened more often with sets from that era. I learn something new every day!
Since I can't find any instructions for the b-models, I've added 1 3004 as spare part to the set.

49 minutes ago, mrRoy said:

ah that might be it, but I don't have the instructions for the b model. Thanks, learn something!

There weren't any official instructions for the "back of the box idea pictures" like there are now for what we call b-models.  For this set you can see a picture of the back of the box at peeron.com, and also the last page of the instruction scans, to see the suggested b-models.

I've got the original scans indeed, and i see what you mean. Almost impossible to count the blocks there haha. Thanks for the insight!