DBB

Technic LEGO??

Hello,

I am a big fan of Technic sets and it seems to me at least that Technic LEGO lives in the shadows where AFOLs are concerned. Just wondering whats people views are on this?

Thanks

Technic is certainly not 'in the shadows' as far as I know. I'm also mainly a Technic builder and Technic is by far not a minority. The Technic forum on Eurobricks is one of the most active subforums on there. The best selling Lego sets of last year (in Germany at least) contained the (obviously on AFOLs focused) Porsche set. And the majority of popular MOCs here on Rebrickable is Technic (last year there was a monthly contest where the most popular free MOC of the month would win a prize, I believe 10 out of 12 winners were Technic models).

I did hear that Technic is a lot more popular in Europe/Asia than it is in America though.

Hi all :)

From what I have seen on here, technic is a very popular build style for MOC's. I agree from what I have seen on you tube of lego shows, the american ones do seem to be dominated by more regular bricks rather than technic, whereas in europe it seems to be the other way around. I personally love both, because of the dedication (and money) required to build them, as well as all the planning that goes into the designs. 

Anyway, happy designing and building :)