aj78

Breakdown of parts list based on set origin

Question

I own a large number of sets, which for various reasons I do not want to part out, but which I DO want to use to assemble some of the great MOCs on Rebrickable. The website indicates that I am able to build, say 96% of the MOC using the parts in sets I own, but it assumes that all sets are parted out and it does not list from which original set the parts are from. I would be great if the website would be able to give a breakdown of where the parts are exactly from. This allows for returning the parts to the original set after disassembling the MOC.

Thanks!!

3 answers to this question

I believe he is after the opposite - finding parts that areĀ allocated to an assembled set/moc and are not used in build calcs. So they won't show up in Find My Parts anyway.

At the moment the allocated parts are calculated only by recording the set that is assembled and subtracting its inventory during the build calculation. To do this would mean an additional marker against every owned part. An expensive and difficult change, but sounds quite useful.

I believe I've described exactly the same issue in another post. I understand that technically the change might be quite difficult but it is very useful indeed. I would even say that without it it's not feasible for many users to build the awesome MOCs here on Rebrickable (unless you order extra parts for each MOC which is quite expensive).

I think what you're looking for is already a feature within Rebrickable. When you press Build on a set or MOC, it shows a page with the parts (if any) you are missing. On that page, there's a button green button that says 'Find My Parts for this Build'. If you click that button, it shows a (big) table which parts are located in which sets from your collection :)

It's not complete in terms of all your setsĀ (as it calculates the best combination of sets), but it's something at least ;)