BrickMan7

"Undefined" search results

I think I've found a bug:

5a7755b66f75a_Undefinedbug.png.3d4e8359f805da854c5dcfd8d7e17d25.png

Search results simply say, "undefined". I have not been able to consistently reproduce this; it happens unpredictably at irregular intervals. When it does happen, it doesn't seem to matter whether you search for a word or a number. If I open Rebrickable in a new tab, then the search sometimes (not always) behaves normally. This only started occurring recently, and I can reproduce this on multiple RB pages. The number of "undefined" results exactly matches the number of correct search results, so that could indicate that it works, but just can't find the names.  Perhaps due to server timeout issues?

For reference, I'm using Firefox 57 on Windows 7.  Not sure if this shows up on other OS/browser combinations.

Greetings, BrickMan, good to meet!

I've had some weird search results myself these last few days, and when I asked Nathan about it, he said there was something wrong with updating the pre-calculated search vector field. Now I haven't the faintest idea what that is or what it is used for, but it might be, your problem has the same cause, and so it might be already fixed. If not, I am sure Nathan will step in and do his usual yet incomprehensible magic.

Take care,
Simon

8 hours ago, Simon said:

Greetings, BrickMan, good to meet!

I've had some weird search results myself these last few days, and when I asked Nathan about it, he said there was something wrong with updating the pre-calculated search vector field. Now I haven't the faintest idea what that is or what it is used for, but it might be, your problem has the same cause, and so it might be already fixed. If not, I am sure Nathan will step in and do his usual yet incomprehensible magic.

Take care,
Simon

Different issue :) I don't know what this one is yet.