Question

after checking several databases, I can´t identify the color on the right side. Is half way from dark green and dark blue...
I know that are old parts, but I don´t know the exact year.
Some can help, please?
Thanks

(image deleted by Simon as requested)

Could be Dark Grey. That is a little different from the newer Dark Bluish Grey.

It's a weird one because the 4274 is only known in blue, white, light grey and light bluish grey

It could also be a lesser used shaded of blue. I'll check my color collection later so see if I can find a better match

16 hours ago, TobyMac said:

Could be Dark Grey. That is a little different from the newer Dark Bluish Grey.

It's a weird one because the 4274 is only known in blue, white, light grey and light bluish grey

thanks for your help, TobyMAc
Dark Grey is not, because I have several parts in that color, and is noticeable different...
I'm also confused because  of the part 4274  ...

1 minute ago, TobyMac said:

Only other color that comes close in my collection is sand blue, but that's too light

I also have some Sand Blue parts, and the colors are distinct... could it be an old, non recorded, color? 

On 21-2-2018 at 4:45 PM, Diniz Vilhena said:

after checking several databases, I can´t identify the color on the right side. Is half way from dark green and dark blue...
I know that are old parts, but I don´t know the exact year.
Some can help, please?
Thanks

IMG_0155.JPG

Sorry mist this one i'm not allways on the forum.

Can you take a picture on a white background with also a Dark Bluish Gray part between them, set the lightness of you camera so that the background is more white.

And right from above so i can see the name Lego and the underside with the Lego numbers shown if it is possible?

I'm thinking more about the new wave of China copies which also have the name Lego on it that is what it looks like.

It is not Dark Turqoise, and i'm not having this color in my collection either.

Last option is that it are special color variants only sold in the Lego store that happens more, then you have to search on BL but for part 4274 there is no special color.

Thanks for your reply and interest, Lucky-Ramses...
I have that parts for more than 10 years, and their quality and appearance are the same as others from Lego... 10 or 20 years ago, chinese block are not that good :)
despite I'm the worst photographer in my country, I will try to take better pictures, with more color contrast. 

3 hours ago, Diniz Vilhena said:

Thanks for your reply and interest, Lucky-Ramses...
I have that parts for more than 10 years, and their quality and appearance are the same as others from Lego... 10 or 20 years ago, chinese block are not that good :)
despite I'm the worst photographer in my country, I will try to take better pictures, with more color contrast. 

I did a search and all the parts can be found in regular Blue.  4 of them appear in Blue in set 6206-1 from 2006.  Did you purchase the parts in a mixed lot or from a source other than a LEGO set?  Is there any situation that could have caused them to fade over the years?

On 01/03/2018 at 6:36 PM, thea said:

I did a search and all the parts can be found in regular Blue.  4 of them appear in Blue in set 6206-1 from 2006.  Did you purchase the parts in a mixed lot or from a source other than a LEGO set?  Is there any situation that could have caused them to fade over the years?

Thea, thank you for  interest and help...
That is a good point of view, but what about the 4272?
from Blue to this color the difference is to big... I can´t imagine nothing "normal" that might done such a color change. Sun light definitely will not do it 

1 hour ago, Diniz Vilhena said:

Thanks for the pictures, just found what you have in 1 shop https://store.bricklink.com/Bricktherapy?itemID=113587686#/shop?o={"itemType":"P","colorID":39,"showHomeItems":0}

It is indead what biodreamer mentioned Dark Turqouise, but on the former pictures it was very hard to see.

Just 1 more question were do you live New Zealand?

12 hours ago, Lucky-Ramses said:

Thanks for the pictures, just found what you have in 1 shop https://store.bricklink.com/Bricktherapy?itemID=113587686#/shop?o={"itemType":"P","colorID":39,"showHomeItems":0}

It is indead what biodreamer mentioned Dark Turqouise, but on the former pictures it was very hard to see.

Just 1 more question were do you live New Zealand?

thanks for the help... 
I'm living in Macau :)

On 3-3-2018 at 8:09 AM, Diniz Vilhena said:

thanks for the help... 
I'm living in Macau :)

The parts from New Zeeland are in, now waiting on my parcel from the USA.

But it is deffinitly not Dark Turquoise, it is a kind of blue Turquoise, in the middle of Dark Turquoise and Blue

I have also a chair 4079b/ 42022/ 42023./ 3460 in that color and a 54200 so it is most be made after 2004.

Pictures will follow, for me it is a not excisting/ known Lego color, but very interesting to have.

Edited by Lucky-Ramses

There is a guy/girl on Instagram called rarelego. He/she is specialized in rare stuff like prototypes, unusual colors etc. Maybe he/she knows more?

I have done some test with the parts but they are extremely breakable, so my first conclusion is that they are discolored blue but the point is all sides are the same.

Even the chair that is broken in 2 pieces now has inside the same color,(pics will follow next week)

But if you look in daylight with a lot of sun you can se the basic color still in it and that is just normal blue.

Then there is maybe only 1 last option that it are parts that have been extremely heated(just before the melting point) that also give a discoloration and makes them breakable.

Maybe these parts are saved from a fire?

When i have the parts from the USA i can say more i hope.

On 17/03/2018 at 7:15 PM, Lucky-Ramses said:

I have done some test with the parts but they are extremely breakable, so my first conclusion is that they are discolored blue but the point is all sides are the same.

Even the chair that is broken in 2 pieces now has inside the same color,(pics will follow next week)

But if you look in daylight with a lot of sun you can se the basic color still in it and that is just normal blue.

Then there is maybe only 1 last option that it are parts that have been extremely heated(just before the melting point) that also give a discoloration and makes them breakable.

Maybe these parts are saved from a fire?

When i have the parts from the USA i can say more i hope.

I tried to find some anomalies in the color consistency or any small defect, but there is not... I broke a bit of one piece, and the interior have the same color.
and, I guess, if that parts were been subject to intense heat, they would be, somehow, deformed... what do you think?

So I didnt see the post in time to actually see any pictures but I too have a bunch of parts in a strange blue color. I assumed they were Dark Azure until I tried to log part "4274 Technic Pin 1/2". I came to the conclusion that they must be some kind of knock off lego product, or faded blue (they too are quite brittle, I broke a part of this color separating it from a brick). Now I've found this thread I'm back to being very interested in the outcome.

Can I upload a picture here? With your removals I wasn't sure if I could.

Hi, Jared,

of course you can upload, but there a certain limit to the total amount of upload KB for each user, and Diniz had exceeded that limit, so she asked me to remove some old images. If you want be sure don't run into that problem, keep your uploads small, and if you do want add an HD image, you can create a free account on BrickSafe.com (another service Nathan provides), upload your images there and add a image link in your post. Bricksafe reserves 10GB per user, so you'll have more then enough space there.

Take care,
Simon