VorpalRyu

Submitting two variants of the same MOC

I'm planning on submitting a MOC that I ended up creating cheaper version for a friend (the cost of the original design wasn't an issue for me as I have most of the parts on hand) & was wondering if submitting both would be worth doing, or if there's a way to add recommended substitutions?

I figure since this is related to my original topic, I'd just add to this thread rather than starting a new one. I was considering adding three MOCs that technical are the same MOC, but with different minifigures as the pilot, a good example of what I'm talking about would be the FANEXPO/SDCC Ghost Starships (links to both versions over on Brickset: https://brickset.com/sets/FANEXPO001-1 & https://brickset.com/sets/COMCON039-1), apparently the only difference is the included minifigure. In the case of the Ghost, they are completely different minifigures, but mine would the same torso assembly & legs (one of the minifigs would require the hands to be changed over to Medium Dark Flesh), but different hair & head pieces. Would it be fine to put all three MOCs up, or would the administration prefer I submit just one MOC & in the description list the other two variants with links to the alternate build instructions?

Why not submit that without the minifig. Then the builder can put whatever minifig they want there, it's obviously not important for the build.

I'd prefer not to have multiple MOCs that are that similar

6 hours ago, biodreamer said:

Why not submit that without the minifig. Then the builder can put whatever minifig they want there, it's obviously not important for the build.

Pretty important actually, they represent the three main characters that fly these particular ships.

2 hours ago, Nathan said:

I'd prefer not to have multiple MOCs that are that similar

No problems, that's fair enough, looks like option B it is then.