Diniz Vilhena

criteria for pricing the parts

Question

just being curious, I checked the given price to some of my parts... and I'd like to understand the criteria for pricing them...
I suppose that part's price is external information, but what is the given value to a part? the most expensive? the cheaper? average of parts on sale?
Thanks in advance
image.png.01967067fc663f9f968b61d5981f5de0.png

image.png.415805cbdf32731b3f686e73d23f9f89.png

8 answers to this question

It's showing the average price (condition=new) across all known store prices seen in the last day or so. If the part is being shown in a specific color it takes that into account, if it's just a generic part view eg from a search result it averages across all colors too.

8 hours ago, Nathan said:

It's showing the average price (condition=new) across all known store prices seen in the last day or so. If the part is being shown in a specific color it takes that into account, if it's just a generic part view eg from a search result it averages across all colors too.

thank you for your clarification, @Nathan
But, in the example I show, 55€ is not the average price of nothing, for sure, ehehe. Anyway, I will not take in account that values, because they might not be trustfully realistic

20 minutes ago, Diniz Vilhena said:

thank you for your clarification, @Nathan
But, in the example I show, 55€ is not the average price of nothing, for sure, ehehe. Anyway, I will not take in account that values, because they might not be trustfully realistic

The reason this price is so out of line is because of the light bluish gray doors that were used in Cafe Corner and Market Street.  That color is used in the average, and people have bought them at ridiculously high prices.

Useful to remember: This is the price stores has listed it as selling price. It doesn't mean the parts are actually sold for that price. There are people that have a bricklink store purely to keep track of their own collection, and use bogus prices. Maybe it would be useful to included the sold-price in the calculation.

On 03/03/2018 at 7:47 PM, TobyMac said:

Useful to remember: This is the price stores has listed it as selling price. It doesn't mean the parts are actually sold for that price. There are people that have a bricklink store purely to keep track of their own collection, and use bogus prices. Maybe it would be useful to included the sold-price in the calculation.

Probably, but I can only use what BrickLink give me and they definitely won't give me that :)

On 3/5/2018 at 12:30 AM, Nathan said:

Probably, but I can only use what BrickLink give me and they definitely won't give me that :)

I don't know Bricklink's API, but average sold prices are publicly displayed in their website's Price Guide tab. Are you sure they wouldn't let you use this ?

Update: you can definitely get the past sales statistics for a specific color and condition with Bricklink's API

It would be useful to specify the color if this is not already done, and for older parts it would be definitely better to get prices in used condition (instead of new). This would make Rebrickable prices more in line with reality.