BUWHITE

B-Model Builds

Question

I have Lego 5580 and have built the B-Model 5580 but I can't seem to find a way to add it to my "Set List", am I missing something? There is only a "V1" inventory and does not appear in the "Alt Builds" tab.

Can I submit a inventory list? Is there a procedure for this?

6 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, Simon said:

Hi, BUWHITE, welcome to the forum.

Set 5580 doesn't have any B-models yet, so if you like, you are welcome to submit it as 5580-1-s1. Check Submitting Sets and Set Types for more info.

Take care,

Simon

Alternate models that are designated as stand alone model images and have separate official LEGO instructions will use the B-model designation 5580-1-b1.  If the model is shown as part of the Set image, it is considered a sub-set with the 's' designation.

I apologize - @theais right: if you are building the Jeep-like model (with wheel steering on top of the cabin), that is an official B-model, and we use 5580-1-b1 for that.

Yes I am building the official Jeep like model, but it isn't anywhere on rebrickable so the only way I could add it to my "set list" is to submit it as new set...am i correct?

Correct! -smile-

Submitting sets only is only available for members with level 3 or higher. If that is a problem, let me know, then I will add the B-model for you.

Aside: Shouldn't be the set types page updated? For example when I want to build an "idea" set (based on a picture from Idea book or back of the box) I currently have to mark it as a MOC - Alternate Build. To be honest I would prefer the ability to mark idea builds as LEGO Idea reBuilds (LIBs) but if the current MOC-based way is the official one the mentioned guide should be updated.