BertZelf

MOC build inventory" too many parts "not owned"

Trying to see the inventory of moc-8018 the red road racer (sBrick)

My "Default Build Matching Options" settings are:

Ignore color and all "ignore" and "exclude" flags are selected.

My "Default Inventory Viewing Options" are "Hilight parts I own" and "Hide parts I own" others are OFF.

Using Firefox 58.0.2 on Windows 10

- Scenario:

Logged on as BertZelf browse to https://rebrickable.com/mocs/moc-8018

Click inventory and see:

Makes no sense to me. Correct is that I do *not* own the tyres, nor the non-rechargable battery box. but the others I *do* have.

To "proove" I click e.g. the 32495c01. That pages reports that I have six of them in black, so enough *and* the correct color.

These six are on "My loose Part List" https://rebrickable.com/users/BertZelf/partlists/4962/

Probably me that does something wrong, but I *never* saw this behaviour before on this magnificent site.

OK, I am *only* a few years a happy user of this site, but the function of the selection checkboxes on "Mu part lists" have more impact than I anticipated.....

My problem vanished by selectiong my looase part list.

But the use of these selection boxes might need some clarification.

Hi, Bert!

Well, if you edit a part list (Edit List Details) it does say "Use these Parts in Build Calculations?" How much more clarification do you need? -smile-

No, seriously, RB is a pretty complicated system, and our beloved Wizzard of Oz (Nathan) is constantly adding new features, and sometimes (hmmm) he forgets to mention that things have changed. Every day I open the site there is new things suddenly added, and so it is almost impossible to keep the documentation up-to-date. In any case, glad the problem is solved.

Take care,

Simon

21 hours ago, Simon said:

Hi, Bert!

Well, if you edit a part list (Edit List Details) it does say "Use these Parts in Build Calculations?" How much more clarification do you need? -smile-

No, seriously, RB is a pretty complicated system, and our beloved Wizzard of Oz (Nathan) is constantly adding new features, and sometimes (hmmm) he forgets to mention that things have changed. Every day I open the site there is new things suddenly added, and so it is almost impossible to keep the documentation up-to-date. In any case, glad the problem is solved.

Take care,

Simon

RB complicated? - Neeeeeeeeeeh. Just hugely helpfull (for me and many others) in determining: what can I build next.

Thanks Simon.