dkurok

Link from Bricklink to Rebrickable throws error

Maybe not directly related to API:

When searching in Bricklink for a part which not exists in Rebrickable (for example 42601pb01) and then clicking on the Rebrickable-link on the bricklink-site, an error is thrown in Firefox (57.0.4 (64-bit) on Windows 10):

"Corrupted Content Error

The site at https://rebrickable.com/parts/bricklink/42601pb01 has experienced a network protocol violation that cannot be repaired.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the data transmission was detected.

Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem."

Using IE or Edge, a Rebrickable-hosted page with a 404-error (Not found) is shown.

I tried to understand what problem Firefox has with the page (by using F12 developer tools) and it states something with wrong usage of certificate. But I don't really understand.

Not a big problem, but somehow "strange"...

Didn't expect to find it! Just wanted to point to the behavior of Firefox, which tells something about "corrupted content". So it seams that in some way Rebrickable returns something "malformed" and actually Firefox treats security issues very strict...

I get a normal 404 on Firefox under Linux. I'll try to remember checking this the next time I boot into Windows.