Recommended Posts

Sometimes when I reply to a comment with a "Thank you!" or "Thanks! Glad you like it" I get a notification that says it's spam because too repetitive. I guess I've posted those comments too many times before? I think it would be good to somehow change the system to allow comments like "Thanks!" to be posted more often without getting marked as spam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are some spam-filters because there were 'funny' people in the past who left one-worded juvenile comments. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahh I see. I would agree the spam filters do come in handy in that regard. Do you know if there is a way for them to distinguish between regular comments and inappropriate ones?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Turbo8702 said:

I've reported it.

No matter what your believe, I don't think this is the place to discuss it. Comments should be relevant to the MOC. But it's up to Nathan to decide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TobyMac said:

I've reported it.

No matter what your believe, I don't think this is the place to discuss it. Comments should be relevant to the MOC. But it's up to Nathan to decide.

 

13 hours ago, Turbo8702 said:

Thank you. I would agree. 

The idea of creating a Christian LEGO group is acceptable under the Forum topic "Community".  Posting religious comments under an MOC is not acceptable.  As a compromise, I've left some of the comment with a suggestion to use the Forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thea said:

The idea of creating a Christian LEGO group is acceptable under the Forum topic "Community".  Posting religious comments under an MOC is not acceptable.  As a compromise, I've left some of the comment with a suggestion to use the Forum.

Sorry to contradict you here, but I think it's best to simply exclude all religious discussions. It makes moderating a lot simpler if nothing else :)

18 hours ago, Turbo8702 said:

Sometimes when I reply to a comment with a "Thank you!" or "Thanks! Glad you like it" I get a notification that says it's spam because too repetitive. I guess I've posted those comments too many times before? I think it would be good to somehow change the system to allow comments like "Thanks!" to be posted more often without getting marked as spam.

I can look into modifying it somewhat to take into account the age of the user's account and time since the last duplicate or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nathan said:

I can look into modifying it somewhat to take into account the age of the user's account and time since the last duplicate or something.

Thank you! I think that would help ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nathan said:

Sorry to contradict you here, but I think it's best to simply exclude all religious discussions. It makes moderating a lot simpler if nothing else :)

Can only agree on this. there is no reason to ever make a group like that Lego has nothing to do with religion let keep it that way it's only the Amish people who would need to stay away from the toy. so I guess you can never get them to join any group otherwise lets not add external unrelated limitation away from this site. unless there is rules that prevent you from making religious types of MOCS, (without religious messages) in that case I think it's wrong. Nothing wrong in building churches and temples with lego bricks if that is what you want to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2018 at 8:58 PM, thea said:

 

The idea of creating a Christian LEGO group is acceptable under the Forum topic "Community".  Posting religious comments under an MOC is not acceptable.  As a compromise, I've left some of the comment with a suggestion to use the Forum.

I missed the parts of the thread which have been edited by Nathan, so I am not sure excatly how 'bad' things became in the comments, but I can sense that there was something which was not ideal in what remains. I am pleased that this site has a policy of non offensive comments. It is nice to be able to enjoy the creativity of others abilities and comment and read comments from others without worrying about whether you will come across offensive language etc., such as I sometimes see in comments sections of you tube videos about most things, but even videos of lego creations seem to get polluted with bad language (and often it is not the creator of the Lego model, just other people). Thanks for encouraging a nice clean and polite site. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree! So nice I never worry about bullying etc when I am on this site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a sign of a well run and moderated site, plus users of the site who are nice too :) Just great :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites