Ark-kun

"BUILD SEARCH" shows that I can build big parts of many sets with my 0 parts.

Question

I'm a new user who added only 1 part.

When I use "BUILD SEARCH", it shows that I can partially build 500 sets with up to 22% completion. This is obviously wrong.

The root problem seems to be with handling minifigs and stickers - the numbers are as if I had all the required minifigs/stickers, which inflates the numbers. If the set has 1000 parts and 100 are minifig-related, then the set would be shown as 10% complete, since 100=10% of the parts are "not missing".

A better way to handle this would be to ignore minifigs in both the number of required parts and the number of available parts. This way I'd get 0% for all sets.

An example with current behavior (remember, I do not have any parts):

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Ark-kun said:

I'm a new user who added only 1 part.

When I use "BUILD SEARCH", it shows that I can partially build 500 sets with up to 22% completion. This is obviously wrong.

The root problem seems to be with handling minifigs and stickers - the numbers are as if I had all the required minifigs/stickers, which inflates the numbers. If the set has 1000 parts and 100 are minifig-related, then the set would be shown as 10% complete, since 100=10% of the parts are "not missing".

A better way to handle this would be to ignore minifigs in both the number of required parts and the number of available parts. This way I'd get 0% for all sets.

An example with current behavior (remember, I do not have any parts):

You can change build options to not include minifigure parts. Just go to 'change build settings'

6 minutes ago, TeagueO said:

You can change build options to not include minifigure parts. Just go to 'change build settings'

I know about the option. That option "exclude minifigs" is on by default and produces the wrong numbers.

The way I think percentages should work is "percentage of [non-minifig] set parts that I have".

I'm confused.  When you say you do not have any parts, are you referring to "loose" parts?  If you have sets available for building, you have parts, as evidenced by the 252(1145-893) parts you have in your example.  There is no single part in your example with 252 parts in that set, so the parts that make up the 252 must come from sets available for building.

That is not how I read it. he has a single part, builds with the exlude minifig flag enabled. The algorithm is adding "All minifig" parts to his build giving him a way to high build %age.

instead of removing them from the build inventory that he suggest should be done, and I agree with him, if you exclude something it should be excluded and sets containing 100% minifig parts should not appear at all since that would bring them down to 0 parts.