BertZelf

Description of Technic panels / fairing

Hi, I am looking for a policy or direction about the description of Technic parts and now especially of panels.

Noticed a discrepancy and wonder if it's worth the effort to issue change requests for them.

1. Some have a comma some do not after "Technic"
  2. Some have the text "panel" and some do not, like "Technic fairing" or "Technic, panel fairing"

An example, no comma and no "panel":

https://rebrickable.com/parts/32190/technic-fairing-1-large-short-large-holes-side-a/

Similar part but with comma and with "panel":

https://rebrickable.com/parts/32188/technic-panel-fairing-3-large-long-large-holes-side-a/

Not TOO important but I wonder if consistency is what we aim at.

Just wondering.

There is no official description, besides the one LEGO provides in the element id. In case of the 32190 that would be "3D PANEL 7M-1". So that's not very useful, and we have to make up our own. Consistency is one of the priorities we are currently working on. If you find anything else, please let us know.
In this case I suggest to use Technic Panel Fairing, that includes all possible names for the panels.
EDIT: I've edited the panels. Not all need the addition of Fairing

2 hours ago, TobyMac said:

There is no official description, besides the one LEGO provides in the element id. In case of the 32190 that would be "3D PANEL 7M-1". So that's not very useful, and we have to make up our own. Consistency is one of the priorities we are currently working on. If you find anything else, please let us know.
In this case I suggest to use Technic Panel Fairing, that includes all possible names for the panels.
EDIT: I've edited the panels. Not all need the addition of Fairing

Great, I like the names you used. If I find other inconsistencies like this I will create a change request if the numberĀ of them is low.

Thanks!