jaredhinton

Ongoing DUPLO issues

Question

Nothing shows up when I search for it but when I tried submitting a new part for it it says I cant because a part with that number already exists.

One needs to be added in Orange, and one in Bright Light Orange to set 7332-1

Any ideas?

Renamed from "Trying to find part 44688" by Simon

Edited by Simon

25 answers to this question

Sure -smile-

Part was added by a bot, but without image, and so it was deactivated. I just activated it, and moved it to Duplo category. There a few others like this *deactivated* that do exist but you can't see them. I will look into them tomorrow.

Take care,
Simon

PS no needs for CR - I will add them to the set you mentioned

13 hours ago, jaredhinton said:

One needs to be added in Orange, and one in Bright Light Orange to set 7332-1 

Done

Jared;

I have renamed this thread to "Ongoing DUPLO issues" so we can keep all DUPLO related problems somewhat organized. Over the last few days I have activated more then a hundred DUPLO parts, but there might be a few more that are de-activated, so if you run into them, please let me know.

Obviously, many parts still need to be edited, and we don't have images for them yet, but I am working on that, too.

Take care,
Simon

Awesome, that explains why some parts have now appeared that I was missing before. I thought I was going crazy, haha.

great idea for the thread. I’ll keep working. 

Thanks gus. 

Hi,

Is it possible to make "Plain" versions of parts disabled? The Mickey Mouse part is a good candidate for it as a plain Mickey minifig will never be used. I get why the part is necessary in the database but it would be good if it wasn't as easily accessible.

Sure, no problem. Give me part numbers, and I will de-activate them...

FYI - I need to build a website (interactive comic book) for one of my daughters, so the next few days I have a little less time to spend here on Rebrickable. I will try to spend an hour, at least, on basic maintenance, but some things might slow down a little. Don't worry, when it is on my to-do list, it will be done (eventually...) -smile-

I'll start to keep a list of ones when I find them, thanks.

Separate note - found another disabled part. 54011 - Should be called something like Duplo, Brick 3 x 6 x 5 Slope 75 Quadruple with Green Girders Pattern or CRANKY BASE 3X6X5 DEC. 2 are needed to be added to set 3301-1 - Cranky-Loading Crane in Light Bluish Gray.

Thanks.

7 hours ago, jaredhinton said:

I'll start to keep a list of ones when I find them, thanks.

Separate note - found another disabled part. 54011 - Should be called something like Duplo, Brick 3 x 6 x 5 Slope 75 Quadruple with Green Girders Pattern or CRANKY BASE 3X6X5 DEC. 2 are needed to be added to set 3301-1 - Cranky-Loading Crane in Light Bluish Gray.

Thanks.

done

There are 3 parts that are impossible to tell apart, BL, BO, and Brickset all connect them (except Brickset doesn't have a listing for 93281). Is there a way we can do this? It would be nice to merge them as one part with the 3 numbers being represented in the part name maybe.

Heres the parts:

https://rebrickable.com/parts/18917/fruit/

https://rebrickable.com/parts/16434/fruit-berry-cluster/

https://rebrickable.com/parts/93281/duplo-food-fruit-pyramid-apples-or-oranges/11

7 hours ago, jaredhinton said:

There are 3 parts that are impossible to tell apart, BL, BO, and Brickset all connect them (except Brickset doesn't have a listing for 93281). Is there a way we can do this? It would be nice to merge them as one part with the 3 numbers being represented in the part name maybe.

Heres the parts:

https://rebrickable.com/parts/18917/fruit/

https://rebrickable.com/parts/16434/fruit-berry-cluster/

https://rebrickable.com/parts/93281/duplo-food-fruit-pyramid-apples-or-oranges/11

Merged into 16434, since that is the first one to come out

3 hours ago, TobyMac said:

Merged into 16434, since that is the first one to come out

And this was before my morning coffee, so I'll have to check the BL and BO links

So I'm trying to make sense of part 4580 and it's variants. There's 8 in total. BL list them all as separate parts (https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?pg=1&catString=441&itemBrand=1000&catType=P&v=1). This seems excessive to me as some can be grouped, eg. 4580c03, 4580c04, 4580c08 can be listed as the same part but with different color wheels (ie colors would be Dark Bluish Gray, Blue, and Red)

Would this be an acceptable way to put them in the database? Or would you prefer separate listings?

Also I think we should change the part number to the a, b, c method (4580a, 4580b, etc...) then we're not using BL numbers but keeping the parts connected.

Edited by jaredhinton
Additional info to add

I have this one on my todolist.

We can use the c01 method, this is an universal method for numbering different assemblies. For instance minifig torsos use the same numbering. a,b,c is usually used for different mold versions of a part.

8 hours ago, TobyMac said:

I have this one on my todolist.

We can use the c01 method, this is an universal method for numbering different assemblies. For instance minifig torsos use the same numbering. a,b,c is usually used for different mold versions of a part.

So in that case we want all the different colors listed separately. 

I just submitted a CR for set 5659-1 (https://rebrickable.com/sets/5659-1/the-great-train-chase/#parts) then I realised that part is actually the correct one and the other 3 sets listed are wrong (as is the Element ID #). Is it easier to ignore the CR and move the other three and change the Element ID, or fulfill the CR and rename the part "4580c04 Duplo Train Steam Engine Chassis with Light Bluish Gray Drive Rod and Blue Wheels"

Edited by jaredhinton

2 minutes ago, jaredhinton said:

So in that case we want all the different colors listed separately. 

Yes. All combinations of wheels and bars. And then the color of the base is the color that get listed in the inventories.

I tried to make my way through the change requests today, but BL died half way through. New try tomorrow.

A lot of element ids you post are already in the system, but under a different part that was automatically added by a BO bot. No problem, because now I can add it to the correct part and normalize the bot part. Slowly clearing the system and get everything straightened out.

@tobymac yeah, it’s a grindingly slow process (not made easier by lego.com!) I decided to try and sort parts out before I add a ton more sets so the inventories can be more complete and minimize CRs later to add parts. 

I appreciate yours and Simons help with it all. It’s not easy

On 5/25/2018 at 9:29 PM, jaredhinton said:

so the inventories can be more complete and minimize CRs later to add parts.

When you do post a CR for an inventory, can you also mention if the inventory is now complete? Than we can directly delete the 'Incomplete' tag

20 hours ago, TobyMac said:

When you do post a CR for an inventory, can you also mention if the inventory is now complete? Than we can directly delete the 'Incomplete' tag

Will do

@jaredhinton Do you by any change have this part?
250.png

It's 250 on Peeron and x1108 on BL. But I can't find it on RB. Can you see if there is a mold number on it? I need them for set 514-1