Diniz Vilhena

this is just "bad luck" or dark red parts have bad attitude?

Every time I assemble/disassemble an old set (released below 2010), if that set includes dark red parts, I know that some of them will be divided in two... no matter how careful I do that
I don´t know what kind of spell TLG put on red dark parts, but 90% of my broken parts are that color...
This happens to someone else, or is just my "personal bad luck"?

I haven't had that issue with Dark Red yet. I do have that with Reddish Brown, no matter how old

Most of my sets are newer than 2010. I do however have a 2009 set which has dark red parts. a 1x2 tile broke and I had no clue why. I think you may be on to something. (I have never had another 1x2 tile break before)

14 hours ago, TobyMac said:

I haven't had that issue with Dark Red yet. I do have that with Reddish Brown, no matter how old

I'm the same, so many reddish brown parts have broken for me. especially part 4070. The little bit along the bottom front seems to love to snap off, I must have 10-15 of them broken.

I personally never had any problem but I've seen many posts in various LEGO communities of people who had problems with these two colours.

Hi Diniz,
Here is a quote from an article that might interest you:

In the late 2000s, TLG began mixing their own ABS colors from raw granulate (instead of outsourcing their color mixing to Bayer and receiving pre-colored ABS pellets). Though this gave them more control over their own product, it took a while to stabilize the color quality, and for several years, brittle or milky parts were a frequent annoyance. For the most part, this is no longer the case. Dark Red (154 Dark Red), one of the worst offenders, has even been renamed to 154 New Dark Red, to signify the improvement in consistency.

source:  A Brief History of Lego Colors

Take care,

Simon