Question

Forgive me if this question has already been asked and answered.  Whenever I open Lego Digital Designer, I get the following error message.

Error.jpg.da3ab42a03287fd838a594f2da3182f9.jpg

What does this mean?  Am I supposed to have internet access from within LDD?   My internet is fine but I still get this message every time I open LDD.   I guess I have two questions.  How do I fix this?  And, if fixed, what value is there in having such access while in LDD?  Or, is it perhaps for updates or something?

Sorry for my ignorance here.

David

14 answers to this question

Hi, David, welcome to the forum.

Could it be that you are running LDD 4.3.10? You can find out by selecting Help > About.

IF so, the download the newer versie 4.3.11 and install that.. At this page

https://www.lego.com/en-us/ldd

you can see that LEGO does not support 4.3.10 anymore, and you will get that error when you try to use it. You can use 4.3.10 in off-line mode, but you don't get new bricks anymore, so it is much better if you upgrade.

Hope this helps,

Simon

Thanks, Simon.  I should have thought of upgrading to the new version, 4.3.11.  Sadly, trying to do this produced a new problem which I've submitted to Lego Technical Support.  I'm unable to download the new version on Firefox, IE or Edge.  I get an error page. I called Lego and their tech guy was mystified by my being blocked with this screen.  We'll see if they can come up with a solution. 

Wish me luck.

David (Tucson, AZ)

image.thumb.png.2f475e229c47316f1fccdecfe5e2a69d.png

David;

I have copied LDD 4.3.11 (windows version) to my Google drive, and will PM you the link. Let me know if it works, so I can remove it again...

Simon:

You are a nice guy to upload LDD to your Google Drive for me.  I got it and installed it and it works fine with no message about "failed internet access."  Thanks SO much.  I do hope the Tech Support at Lego can figure out the problem of downloading from their site.  Apparently, this Cloudfront error is quite common and requires the Lego tech folks to make some changes in their settings with Cloudfront.  But, now I have the latest version, thanks to you.  When trying to figure out what the original problem was, I stared for awhile at the movement of Slithy Toves (see here; my comments are under Trueblood) and turned on the lights of "my" Model T (see here).  Neither made me see the light.  So, your help was the key.  Thanks, again.

David

Posted (edited)

Hey I've recently reinstalled LDD after quite a while, I unfortunately ran into the same problem as Trueblood originally had.

I've been to the website and downloaded from the link they provided, I then added it to the firewall allowed apps etcetera and it's still refusing to run online.  As you can also see this is the latest version apparently. 

image.png.7250e997a0b9203acd2362ac5ae3bd62.png

Edited by TigerSympathiser

On 6/1/2018 at 9:43 PM, Simon said:

David;

I have copied LDD 4.3.11 (windows version) to my Google drive, and will PM you the link. Let me know if it works, so I can remove it again...

Would you also send me this link? [email protected]

12 hours ago, jaredhinton said:

I believe LDD is no longer supported by lego. I assume it no longer connects to the internet because of this. 

Thanks for the info, I suspected as such but I wasn't sure

On 6/1/2018 at 9:59 PM, Trueblood01 said:

Simon:

You are a nice guy to upload LDD to your Google Drive for me.  I got it and installed it and it works fine with no message about "failed internet access."  Thanks SO much.  I do hope the Tech Support at Lego can figure out the problem of downloading from their site.  Apparently, this Cloudfront error is quite common and requires the Lego tech folks to make some changes in their settings with Cloudfront.  But, now I have the latest version, thanks to you.  When trying to figure out what the original problem was, I stared for awhile at the movement of Slithy Toves (see here; my comments are under Trueblood) and turned on the lights of "my" Model T (see here).  Neither made me see the light.  So, your help was the key.  Thanks, again.

David

David ,   do you still have this link from Simon  (I have copied LDD 4.3.11 (windows version) to my Google drive, and will PM you the link.)

you could mail to me thanks   [email protected]

I'm afraid I no longer have the link sent to me.  I just checked my LDD on my desktop.  It is version 4.3.11 Brick Version 2670. I just checked Stud.io and tried to follow the updating procedure.  It won't work.  I get the strange message UNKNOWN ERROR UPDATING IS ABORTED ("IONIC.ZIP.ZIPEXCEPTION: C:/TEMP/BRICKLINK/PATCHER\_WINZIP IS NOT A VALID ZIP FILE).  So, I can't update to 1.0.1_10 and can't use Stud.io at all.  This was an issue for me when a model's instructions only were in Stud.io and I wanted step-by-step building plans.  I could never figure out how to see them in Stud.io, so I'd export them out of Stud.io and them import them into LDD.  That worked several times.  LDD is still working for me now--even though it never successfully connected to the internet.  The problem now is Stud.io.  I can't use it and can't update it. 

David