Przemos19

Connecting 7745 lego

Hello

I'm going to buy 7745 train, I got eyes on one offer howether owner said transformers is buzzing, motor makes some sound but he doesn't want to start motor because if afraid it will broke. Is it correct 12v transformer behaviour?

A 30 year old transformer might indeed buzz a little, but I would be more worried about an untested motor. Transformers are easy to come by, as long as they are 12V regulated you can use any type or model, but if the train motor is defect, you don't have a train that works...

This offer has also 7859 but it doesn't work electricaly (manually is ok).

Also there is 7864 and 7856 (which buzzes).

I can't find any information how was this set electrified without transformer - it's not listed on bricklink/peeron. 

First of all you need to give it some juice, it will buzz if your don't give it enough. it will simply not have enough power to move the wheels with motor and whatever build you have on it when testing. if you max it out and it still don't move an other things to remember is that those old rails may have gotten a bit dirty/rusty so you might either want to clean them, if you get the motor to run, let it run  alone at fast speed round and round to rub it off before adding more load to it. otherwise use the cable from the transformer and plug it straight to the motor and if it still don't move there is something wrong with the motor, you can try to pick it apart to see if anything is jamming the cogs inside.

it can handle 12V it's a 12V engine. it suppose to run at that voltage. besides it depends how you plug it in. if you do it with the same setup as the rail it will be regulated with the power regulator, the other outages is direct, ie if you have the one that allow you to extend with button kits to the left. which fit the time period.

as long as you don't mix in any 4,5V parts or engine you will be fine.Those are the ones kids fry due to their lack of electronic knowledge.

Package have arrived. I connected front car directly to transformer and put it in the air - without load and friction from rails. I gave it a little juice and it works! No strange sounds etc. Now I must check if it works on rails with proper load.