Przemos19

Sets including 3660b

Hello

I've just stumbled upon strange part 3660b: https://rebrickable.com/parts/3660b/slope-inverted-45-2-x-2-ovoid-bottom-pin-small-stud-holes/

Rebrickable has only one entry with this part, other sites doesn;t even record it's different part version. Please, check your inventories (most probably sets from 80') and add information in which sets this part is present - but only if you are absolutely sure this part is originally present in specific set (i.e. you bought MISB and next built it). 

I

I'm pretty sure this is an early mold of the part and most set that had it have also been sold with the more common variant. It will be extremely hard to determine if any set was sold only with that variant. As a kid, I had some sets from the very first year of classic space and even these didn't have that so it probably got replaced by the newer version in the 70's (at least in Canada).

All my classic blue space set had these and the Yellow Castle set. so for me this part came in sets with release year in the range 1978-1986. but I have some black 3660 (from castle sets) within that year range that is regular 3660. so it's not a catch all.

I had the Robot command center and it was the regular part in my case. I think the best way this could be addresses would be with an alternate inventory but I'm not sure it's worth it because we're talking about almost 10 years of sets...

I think it's location based, there was multiple factories and this particular mold is common in Scandinavia. I don't know if it exist in america since that would be another factory producing the sets. with another box, with different languages written on them etc.

I have 7715 bought in Poland in Pewex (shop with imported goods, in this case imported from West Germany, prices i in dollars not polish currency) with very old catalog, probably early run and it has regular 3660. I've bought more than ten packs of old lego and saw this part for the first time last month. I must add that in 80's there was no regular distrubiuton of lego in Poland (or other eastern european country),  only abovementioned Pewex.  It's also popular in Poland to go to german flea market and buy lego by kg. That's why all packs I bought which include parts of sets from 80's are originaly made for german market.