Roleaux

Adding Partial Sets List

Question

Hi there! I am new to rebrickable, and I'm more familiar with Bricklink. I tried looking around, but I am unsure of how to modify the number of parts I have from a set before adding it to the set list.

I am used to buying incomplete sets or selling off minifigures and parts, so is there a function where I can keep track of parts based on their individual sets? I do know that bricklink has the "Add inventory by set" function, so I can easily modify the parts from a set before it gets added, but I would like to use Rebrickable because of its interface

Thanks in advance! :)

6 answers to this question

Hi, Roleaux, welcome to the Forum!

If I understand correctly, you want to add an inventory to a part list, but, before you do, you want to change that inventory (probably because you are missing a few parts and want to delete them, or something). My best solution would be a second, temporary part list. Add the inventory to that list, edit it (add or delete), then export as .csv, switch to your main part list, and import the csv with append.

Does that make sense to you, or do I need to describe the proves in more detail?

Take care,
Simon

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

Hi, Roleaux, welcome to the Forum!

If I understand correctly, you want to add an inventory to a part list, but, before you do, you want to change that inventory (probably because you are missing a few parts and want to delete them, or something). My best solution would be a second, temporary part list. Add the inventory to that list, edit it (add or delete), then export as .csv, switch to your main part list, and import the csv with append.

Does that make sense to you, or do I need to describe the proves in more detail?

Take care,
Simon

Hi there Simon,

Thank you! I understand the method that you are suggesting, but does it allow you to trace back which parts were from which set? Let’s say my collection of a certain part came from 2 sets, would I be able to see that I own those two sets tied to them?

Thanks again!

No, in a part list you can't see where the part comes from. In the Pro version of Rebrickable, you can, though.

Just now, Simon said:

No, in a part list you can't see where the part comes from. In the Pro version of Rebrickable, you can, though.

? Ok, that solves my issue. Going Pro is the answer. Thank you very much Simon!

Just to be accurate (don't want you to get disappointed if you switch to Pro) - in Pro you have Part Notes for each part in you Part Lists. You have check boxes for New/Used and Stickered, a text field Storage Location and a General Notes section. So if you want to keep track from which sets your parts are coming from, you can enter your set numbers in either of the two text fields. You'll have to do that manually, though, it is not automated.

Hi Simon,

I did figure I would have to key it in the notes, much like bricklink. Rebrickable is painless in that it’s quick to add and collate the parts. I guess i’ll use the free version for the time being. ?