Kermit

The status of sticker sheets within a set inventory

Dear all,

I would like to make a comment about the status of a sticker sheet within a set database. Should it be in the main list or in the spare part list.?

I've been busy sorting out my daughters Lego sets, because she has entered that difficult age, "The Lego Dark ages" . One day she will hopefully leave this age and I will have all her old stuff sorted and complete, to pass on to her. For this purpose, I've been thankfully using the Rebrickable database. During this process I thought I will do my bit and try to fix any errors  which I find along my way and also add some missing pictures etc.

One of the issues I've come across is the stickers sheet. I variable find them in the spare part list or in the main inventory list. I also have the impression that some of them, have been moved at some point to the spare part list. This is however creating an integrity issue, because the part is now giving an error message. The error being that the part has not being used in any Lego set.

My opinion is that the sticker sheet should be in the main list. My reasoning is, that the stickers are used within the instructions. Spare parts on the other hand are not mentioned anywhere. They are just extra and thus live in their own list.

On the whole of course this is just a minor issue, except for the created error.

I'm not sure now however what to do. Should I keep sending change requests whenever I see this or not. ?

I've already sent a few but I'm afraid it might become annoying if I continue??

Thank you all, and please continue the work on this great website.

Also, from what I saw, it's not even consistent whether the instructions are included at all in the inventory. Unless this changed recently.

On 7/9/2018 at 7:57 AM, Vokhev said:

Also, from what I saw, it's not even consistent whether the instructions are included at all in the inventory. Unless this changed recently.

We don't inventory instructions, you may have seen some supplemental books that have on occasion be issued in sets, they get inventoried. The main inventories are for parts integral to the set.

I believe we like to have the stickers as a part in the main inventory, BUT I'm a new addition to the admin team so I'll leave if for one of my more experienced teammates to confirm for sure.

9 hours ago, TobyMac said:

We prefer the stickers in the main inventory, because otherwise they get an part error.

Stickers sheets should really be optional parts and isn't needed to build the set. in fact you never use the sticker sheet so it is a spare part. You use the stickers on the sticker sheet and since they don't get their own part entries, they can be ignored in the main list. Hench I vote for having the stickers in the spare parts since that make the "Build" functionality right and fix the part error code so it consider spare parts when validating if a part is valid or not.