VeritaZx

Question regarding changes in MOC part lists

Question

Hi there,

I added the parts of a MOC, that I liked, to a custom list. When I wanted to buy the parts, the color for one part was not applicable, another part had not the right color (in my opinion) and some parts were a bit expensive. I changed the parts in my part list and then bought all parts.

Can I somehow add the changed part-list to an existing MOC (of another user) or do I have to add the MOC myself? I then had to create new building instructions and so on. Is it allowed to just exchange some parts and add it as a new MOC? Maybe it would be best to just contact the MOC owner?

Thanks a lot,

veritazx

2 answers to this question

On 7/17/2018 at 10:31 PM, VeritaZx said:

Hi there,

I added the parts of a MOC, that I liked, to a custom list. When I wanted to buy the parts, the color for one part was not applicable, another part had not the right color (in my opinion) and some parts were a bit expensive. I changed the parts in my part list and then bought all parts.

Can I somehow add the changed part-list to an existing MOC (of another user) or do I have to add the MOC myself? I then had to create new building instructions and so on. Is it allowed to just exchange some parts and add it as a new MOC? Maybe it would be best to just contact the MOC owner?

Thanks a lot,

veritazx

You can't change the MOC's inventory. If it was significantly different you could submit a new MOC, referencing the original. But it sounds like it's just a few parts here and there, perhaps you could post a comment on the MOC with your suggestions.