anothergol

Light brick not parsed from LXFs

Posted (edited)

I just noticed that the light brick, 98782 in trans red, was not added to the inventory of a MOC I just added. I then checked another MOC of mine which also had a light brick, it was not there either. Not a big problem to add it manually, but the importer didn't complain about it at all, so the problem is to be sure that no other part is missing. Shouldn't the importer complain about parts it couldn't interpret from LXF files, to be safe?

Edited by anothergol

On 8/18/2018 at 4:27 AM, anothergol said:

I just noticed that the light brick, 98782 in trans red, was not added to the inventory of a MOC I just added. I then checked another MOC of mine which also had a light brick, it was not there either. Not a big problem to add it manually, but the importer didn't complain about it at all, so the problem is to be sure that no other part is missing. Shouldn't the importer complain about parts it couldn't interpret from LXF files, to be safe?

It does complain about it in my test imports (although it appears as parts 91996 and 54931 which are sub-parts of the LDD assembly). I've added rules to automatically combine them into the full light brick part for future imports.