VeritaZx

Default Setlist view of owned sets should show the owned inventory

I wanted to mark a set as built. I clicked on the set in my set list. I then pushed the "Mark as build" button and the system told me, that I didn't have all the parts. The reason for this was, that I was viewing another inventory version than the one I have. But I did not switch that, it was the default. The system should show me my owned inventory, not the other one by default.

I posted a similar bug regarding the sets linked on the missing parts page. I assume the owned inventory is just not checked on the set page (so both are essentially the same bug). But no one answered, so maybe I wasn't able to explain what I was meaning. Thus I am trying again ;)

Have a wonderful day,

veritazx

Hi, Veritazx,

I understand the problem, and this really sounds like a bug, but I can imagine that it could be pretty difficult to solve in such a way that it does not deteriorate the performance of the system. Usually Nathan only responds to bugs when they have been solved, and in this case, I suspect it might take some time. So if you don't hear more in the next few days, don't despair or get frustrated, know that you comments are noted, and work is being done to solve your problem.

Take care,
Simon

Hi Simon,

I know :) ... being in the programming business myself. I just didn't know for sure it was the same issue. 

But following rebrickable for some months now, I see things being repaired and stuff getting done ... which leads to things breaking and getting repaired again and so on :) There is a feeling of progression.

Thanks for your answer,

veritazx

1 hour ago, VeritaZx said:

But following rebrickable for some months now, I see things being repaired and stuff getting done ... which leads to things breaking and getting repaired again and so on :) There is a feeling of progression.

It's a never ending cycle :)

You mean like when you hover the mouse pointer over the Build button of a set you got in your build process. it underlines everything! it looks awful! I would expect the button to highlight, nothing more. The fact that pressing elsewhere will bring you to the same spot doesn't matter. it wasn't like that before...

hey, don't hijack bug / suggestion threads, open your own ;)

But the "Build this set" hover is working for me :)

Have a nice day,

veritazx

It works for me too now, but it wasn't before I hijacked this thread with this minor glitch. you just gave me an open goal, I just had to do that!😁