CHgirl

Different mound variations

Hi

All my Lego is sorted into different parts. In order to be able to find out how many loose parts we own I have firstly listed all my complete sets. I have now started counting my parts and by deducting the amount I should have in my sets (according to rebrickable) I can add the remaining into my inventory as loose parts. It’s very straight forward until I come to parts that have differed mound variations. For example. Part 32064 Technic brick 1x2 with axle hole. According to rebrickable the sets I own should comprise of 120 ‘old style’ with x opening in various colours from various sets. In reality majority of this part I own are ‘new style’ with + opening. How do I create a true inventory? Am I correct in thinking I will have to add the amount of ‘old style’ technic bricks I am missing to my ‘lost part’ list and add the remaining ‘new style’ technic brick to my ‘loose parts’ list 

molds are tricky, because the inventory of sets tend to have the oldest variant and many inventories has been done before there was a split between the molds so they tend to have a to old mold in them compare to what they should have. The question is how much do you care? if you know which part that belong to what set you could make a change request.

Personally I would just keep the right total and "allow" them to be wrong mold type in the inventory rather then dealing with lost parts. because they aren't lost. it's rebrickable and most lego sites that can't for quite understandable reason handle all the sets and mold combinations.

3 hours ago, biodreamer said:

molds are tricky, because the inventory of sets tend to have the oldest variant and many inventories has been done before there was a split between the molds so they tend to have a to old mold in them compare to what they should have. The question is how much do you care? if you know which part that belong to what set you could make a change request.

Personally I would just keep the right total and "allow" them to be wrong mold type in the inventory rather then dealing with lost parts. because they aren't lost. it's rebrickable and most lego sites that can't for quite understandable reason handle all the sets and mold combinations.

Thank you for your reply. It totally makes sense to do it the way you suggest 

Yeah, for most mould variations, I have given up on an accurate inventory. That said, when I see a set inventory that is obviously wrong (like a 2000's set with a variations that disappeared in the 80's), I do submit a change request.

On 9/1/2018 at 4:47 AM, biodreamer said:

It's rebrickable and most lego sites that can't for quite understandable reason handle all the sets and mold combinations.

The difficulty with correctly separating mold variations is also the reason RB has the option to ignore mold types in build calcs. 

I think regions also seemed to vary on mold types so the same set globally can have different molds in it. Like biodreamer said, if you know for sure our inventory has the wrong mold in it submit a Change Request for the set and we can investigate.

On 9/7/2018 at 4:47 PM, Przemos19 said:

Vokhev - don't do this with 4085 because long forgotten 4085b appeared in 2000s in light bluish grey. 

Yeah, because things on that front were not already complicated enough...