XobSod

I have -407.6% of the parts in this set.

Hi all,

I am trying to start building my first MOC. Steps I take:

1. Log in to my account: https://rebrickable.com/users/XobSod/profile/
  2. Open MOC: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-7808/CustomBricks.de/rc-remote-control-power-funktion/#comments
  3. Click: 'Build this MOC' - till now everything is fine, I have message:

Out of 238 buildable parts, you are missing 121 parts.
    You have 49.2% of the parts in this set.

4. Click: Change Build Options
  5. Tick out: Include 9 of your 9 sets in My Sets.
  6. Click: Save these settings as your new defaults - which btw does not seem to work - after repeating those steps settings are not saved.
  7. Click: Re-run Build with new options
  8. Outcome:

Out of 238 buildable parts, you are missing 1208 parts.

You have -407.6% of the parts in this set.

My settings:

- Firefox 62.0 64-bit
- Windows 8.1

Regards,

XobSod

Edited by XobSod

XobSob,

In step 5 you state "Tick out: Include 9 of your 9 sets in My Sets.", does that mean you unchecked/unticked the checkbox next to "Include 9 of your 9 sets in My Sets"? I randomly selected a MOC using the steps you listed and at your step 5, I unchecked the checkbox I just asked you about and re-ran the build with new options. This replicated your problem showing "Out of 732 buildable parts, you are missing 15713 parts" and "You have -2046.6% of the parts in this set".

So this is definitely a bug of some kind in the system, but.... if you are indeed unchecking the checkbox to include all the sets in your "My Sets" list, them I'm pretty sure that defeats the whole purpose of running the build calculations.

If you are looking to buy all the parts of the MOC you wish to build, therefore excluding all the sets in your "My Sets" list because they are already built and you don't want to take any of them apart to use in building a MOC, then what you want to do is mark your 9 sets in your "My Sets" list as "Assembled/Built Sets". Any sets you mark as "Assembled/Built" will not be used in the build calculation. Here is the link to the help page on Rebrickable discussing how to add a set to "Assembled/Built Sets": https://rebrickable.com/help/users-sets-assembled/

Hopefully this helps.

Kind Regards,

LEGOmuell

I also seem to be missing more parts then there are in de MOC.

I'm using Chrome on a Samsung tablet SM-T555 Android 6.0.1

I may need to mention that i recently chanced my sets lists because it seemed to me that i could not remove or delete (maybe you can help me out on this one) a set from my list.

And a set marked as build was not ignored in the search for sets i can build.

So i created an new set list (build sets),

Deleted my first set list.

And created an other set list (disassembled sets)

Then the next day the bug above occurred

Screenshot_20181130-101312.png