Sign in to follow this  
silverdoctor

find parts

Question

12 answers to this question

What are you using to guess the age?

The second part looks like it has a ball for a ball joint. The oldest such part I can find in the Rb database is 3184. This was first used in 1970. As your piece is more complicated I would have expected it to be younger.

Great work. I searched for the trailer base using the stud size of the plate (ie 4 x 9) rather than it's full length. I suspect I somehow miss-counted the first one as I was searching for 6x15 and I have no idea about the second. Perhaps I subconsciously thought it was the same length as the first.

On 9/24/2018 at 12:13 AM, slangivar said:

The second part looks like it has a ball for a ball joint. The oldest such part I can find in the Rb database is 3184. This was first used in 1970. As your piece is more complicated I would have expected it to be younger.

I only read now
Thanks for the reply

Enrico

On 9/24/2018 at 12:13 AM, slangivar said:

The parts were from my brother-in-law and I estimate the date of the pieces from his date of birth