Eddy

Part pics and more

Hi Nathan

I did already have contact about this with an admin but he did not want to respond anymore, i also did leave it because i have my bit of bad response already had this year about the rules on rebrickable, and to let it not escalate i will not answer but they want a satisfying answer from you because you are the owner of the website.

It seems to be more serious as i thought and already commented.

On the moment more and more pics are removed completely from the website and not filled as second pic, you can see that in the change logs of the parts.

A local Lego group in the Netherlands where i also working for did discover that after reading my comments about the pics, they made a lott of searches for them and discovered a lott of these so  that seems a bad thing, and they are from many different users just vanishing from the website.

Further some ldraw pics are now replaced by part pics and that is also bad thing, in the parts list these parts show up in the wrong color because the ldraw is missing and the added pic has the wrong color, seems to be several i only did find 1 on this moment but that one was send by email to me, I have no time to look for more between my 25000 parts, sorry i have really no time for that.

They also did discover in the forum that the members who did start making the rules, that one of them is now an admin and stated then in 2014 very clear that the rules could not be bend and that these most be the basic rules 800*800(preferred was 1200*1200 but did not make it), most be always on a white background all other most be rejected and not to be admitted, and no other parts on the pics.

So with the new wave baseplate part pics there are several conflicts with the basic rules many are just to small and have a with border to meet the required 800*800, others have more then 1 part in the picture the base plate is also a part, and the background is not white.

I have no idea were this is in the forum but I think you can find it you're self with a normal search.

The members of the group all did have more ore less the same answer to the new pics, shit.

They look like peeron, even Bricklink and Brickowl are replacing them by new ones on white background.

Other statement was, we rader see no image or pics, then the ones now uploaded they look bad.

I’m only placing this because i was asked to do so, i'm the only one who can write a bit in English.

First, this isn't a bug. Please don't post stuff here just to get my attention.

I'm not sure I understood everything you wrote. In 2014 we had no part photos, that was only introduced in v3 in 2017.

I'm sorry you don't like the photos we've picked, but it's up to the admin team to pick the preferred photos for parts. The guidelines for photo submissions are just guidelines, but we will pick the ones we think best show the part details with consistent backgrounds etc a lower priority.

1 hour ago, Nathan said:

I'm not sure I understood everything you wrote. In 2014 we had no part photos, that was only introduced in v3 in 2017. 

By the parts which have now pics with the baseplate background you can see in the part change log who did submit the first pic these should also be on the website but many are gone so this is a bug.

The admin did say they are all safe but they are not, they are just deleted from the website.

On 9/23/2018 at 1:55 PM, Nathan said:

First, this isn't a bug. Please don't post stuff here just to get my attention.

I'm sorry you don't like the photos we've picked, but it's up to the admin team to pick the preferred photos for parts. The guidelines for photo submissions are just guidelines, but we will pick the ones we think best show the part details with consistent backgrounds etc a lower priority.

Maybe you have to read what he is writing he did that for me and my nephew, it was not his statement but mine so if you have any problems with that blame me, i asked my nephew if he would ask it eddy to post it, and he did but only got a very agitated reaction from jaredhinton, but it seems the contributer is a little friend of him that seems to be why i think.

But i'm still waiting on an answer on my last mail to you, i was 3 months for my job in south america on a oil rig and there we have no internet possibility so in that time it would have been possible for you to answer but hé just as you're admin says he is not from this world, and answering is very hard for him.

The problem is Jarethinton has removed all the part pics from my nephew by uploading the shitty baseplate pics(yes that is my name for them and not eddy's they appear everywhere and look really like that) but h'e when you think that we only want attention maybe you indeed live in another world.

The website did have class, whit all the input it did have, but now it looks even worse then peeron, but if that is you're choice it just is bad but hé the contributer of the pics has earned 100000 points in a month so if that was the purpose he did succeed.

further more the rules of the pics that was started in 2014 by Simon(now admin) janteuh, biodreamer and some more and that went on till 2017 and that became the minimum requirements so don't say i is not through it did sort that out it is all in the forum, and that is why i did make such a point of the rules because Simon also did that about the minfigs and after that toby.. just went on by making these changes mentioned in the forum so the whole way of working is shit and very prejudice by the admins.

In the months offline i get a copy of the forum of our systemguy he makes every week a complete copy for me so i have something to do but it is offline.

You are bordering on trolling now. We've received your feedback, and take it under consideration. I consider this topic closed.