Diniz Vilhena

This part has been used by MOCs in the following colors but not officially released.

Well, in general I think if we use a post-fix then "-1" should be the most common version; that makes it easier for the general population, while any special versions should have "-2", "-3", etc. Common good should prefer. In this case, it's just a number; so if you really want the oldest to be "-1",  that's fine with me.

ADDED: what kind of sources do we have for unofficial LEGO bricks? You mentioned PickABrick and LEGOLand; are there others? Might be good indeed to create a dummy set for each source.

The Lego groups factories, ie the set designers bricks used in set that never becomes released. The QA group which would hold those specific test molds. and perhaps other company deals which get unreleased bricks in their "custom" sets.

23 hours ago, Simon said:

If far as I understand it; there are three reasons for "color errors":

(a) - a part (or mold), in a certain color, was/is officially released AND used within sets, but our inventories are incorrect
    (b) - a part (or mold), in a certain color, was/is officially released AND NOT used within sets, so our inventories are correct; the part (or mold) in that color is probably quite rare
    (c) - a part (or mold), in a certain color, was/is NEVER officially released AND ONLY used within LDD/Studio MOCs, so the MOC inventory is incorrect; the part (or mold) in that color does not exist

You can also get a colour error if you use an assembly that is possible but not used in sets. Common cases are levers with the base switched. I got one in a MOC I submitted  yesterday. It'S kind of funny because there's a picture of the colour combination I used but still a colour error.

7 minutes ago, Vokhev said:

It'S kind of funny because there's a picture of the colour combination I used but still a colour error

That's why I approved the MOC. It's also a small part, that with a bit of LEGO knowledge you can replace/create by yourself. Color Errors become a problem when major, clearly visible parts are not available in a color, and then the MOC gets rejected (with an option to change the design of course).
But it's a good point you bring up. I just saw a MOC on pending that had all torso parts individually listed. And since all torso are as an assembly in sets, they give a part error.

40 minutes ago, TobyMac said:

that had all torso parts individually listed

It could be the MOC is build in Studio - which has the torso/arms/hands as seperate parts allowing you place them in any position...