Diniz Vilhena

some considerations about parts description

This is no more no less than my personal point of view, from my own experience. it's no kind of criticism of the excellent work done by all the staff and members.
I do a lot of "part searches"... and a correct part description is really important. as well as a correct and coherent part category. 
And some part searches are a headache...When I try to find a certain part, a minifig head for instance, if the description does not reflects minimally the head itself, it's almost impossible to find it, unless you look one by one, all the heads of that color. And, as the heads images don't shows a front view, sometimes is really a paranoia. "head number 25" or "upper part number 12" will never be found... the same way, a superman cape in the bricks category, will never shows up in a search also. :P
Thus, when submitting a new part, a good description and the correct category is the first step for that part be useful to others

The 'head number 25' type of parts are parts that are automatically added by the bot. This is the description that LEGO provides. We need to manually rename these. That process has been neglected for a while (to be precise, I didn't know this so I'm to blame for this one), and we are now catching up with the backlog.

Another issue is that by dual sided heads LEGO only provides 1 image, so we rely on users to submit photos.

Feel free to submit CR's for things in wrong categories and Part descriptions. For the most part we try to describe as detailed as possible (over detailed sometimes, lol). Whenever we find one we fix it or add it to the list of things to fix. Don't think that errors like that are how we want things, it's just a case of knowing about them. Lots of things to get right here and the more everyone's involved the better we become.