cadman

Multiple "Build this MOC"

Hope the title makes sense.

I have 5 sets, of which 2 are cranes. I like cranes, love the mechanics involved.

While doing a search I found a MOC for a very large crane. One of the instruction parts is MOC-7911 and it was by  Peteria.

I have my sets stored in My Sets List.

The Build this MOC came in three parts. 

If I go to "Build this MOC" for the first part I find I have 88% of the parts.

How do I eliminate the parts I have in my  "Sets List"now used in part 1 to find what I need for part 2, and then part 3.

May find that at this point it is too expensive, but would like to find out as it looks interesting/ BIG.

Hope this makes sense.

Colin

Edited by cadman

Hi, Colin, welcome to the forum;

If I understand you correctly, you want to build the entire crane moc (7909/7911/7912), and you want to know the part usage for the entire build, to see what you're missing?

In that case I would create two dummy sets in my custom lists - set "all" to contain all your parts, and set "moc" to contain all the parts needed for the moc. Then compare the two sets using Sets > Compare Sets.

To fill the inventory of "all" select each of your sets in the main catalog, and use Add Parts to List.

To fill the inventory of "moc" select each of the moc sets in the moc catalog, and use Add MOC's Parts to List.

Hope this helps...
Take care,
Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your promp reply.

Managed to follow and carry out filling in the 2 custom lists, Took me a long time, but got there in the end. Filling in the parts for the MOC I did by exporting the parts to a list, that was easy. My parts was a bit more long winded, ended up by looking up one of my sets and exporting the parts as a .CSV and adding to my parts and the repeated for my other sets. If that makes sense.

Then all I did was to open the MOC parts list I had created and buy the bricks, except think the boss would have a heart attack if I was to do that at the moment. This bit was simple, once I worked it out,

Colin

Edited by cadman

Me again. Run the parts list of to find parts I neded to buy, but I can clearly see that the to buy list does not show the controllers I need(4 wanted, I have 2). Any one advise on what i may have done wrong. These 2 controllers are blindingly obvious, but I wnder what else may not have been found.

Advice please.

Hi, Colin;

of course, putting the three MOC inventories into a custom list, and then doing a build on that list to see what parts you're missing is another good way to solve your problem - probably better then mine... -smile-

As to those missing controllers, I have no idea, I don't use that buy option myself. Perhaps another member has an idea; if not, then I will move this thread to bugs, so it will get Nathan's attention.

Take care,

Simon

But never would have got there if you hadn't pointed me in the right direction. So thanks for the heads up. Bit of a Technophobe(?)

As for the "missing" controllers, I even looked through the parts list at source, before I copied it to my "area", so any pointers would help.

Colin

Edited by cadman

@cadman,

Unless I am missing something the controllers are not listed in the parts lists under any of the three parts. I guess they are not included in his build on LDD and he has forgotten to add them manually.

I have also noticed that they are missing on other MOC's, so was wondering if there is a reason for the omission.

8 hours ago, cadman said:

I have also noticed that they are missing on other MOC's, so was wondering if there is a reason for the omission.

The cases where I have seen them missing were because it didn't matter which type of remote was used.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, I am very new to this MOC and hadnt realised that there are various versions, so thank you for clearing that up.