dentalcorp

Importing purchases from Lego Store

Question

Hi everyone! That question have been ask on the v2 forum with no real answer.

I made 2 orders of parts on legoshop, pic a brick for about 200$ and I want to add those parts to my parts list without adding every single parts number one by one. I can't imagine that this situation haven't been resolved by rebrickable.

Please tell me how you do that. 

Adding parts bought on bricklink was so easy, hope there's something like that to help.

THX

4 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure if there is a simpler way to do this. I have a google sheet which I use to convert the details from the order into a rebrickable csv file which I can then import. This requires a certain amount of experience dealing with spreadsheets.

The setup is complicated by the fact that google sheets doesn't have native support for JSON. The instructions for this step can be found here: https://medium.com/@paulgambill/how-to-import-json-data-into-google-spreadsheets-in-less-than-5-minutes-a3fede1a014a

Once you have that setup the command I use in google sheets is: =importjson("https://rebrickable.com/api/v3/lego/elements/"&substitute(A1,"_","")&"/?key=123YourKeyHERE456","/part/part_num,/color/id,/part/name,/color/name","noHeaders")

You need to copy and paste the order details from your email into your sheets and then put the command above into the next column. You will also need to substitute your own API key at the relevant point.

I don't know if this has ever been suggested on the suggestions forum but if not it would be worth asking for it.

Edited by slangivar

Thx for your answer. I made the importjson code. Paste all words of the lego receipt and paste your command. That make a list in csv who is readable but rebrickable do not accept the format...

Maybe I don't understand that part of your message and then put the command above into the next column. You will also need to substitute your own API key at the relevant point.

I paste the command on the right of the receipt paste , it was in the F column, the case were already highlighted. I don't understand what you mean by ; substitute your own API key at the relevant point.

I'm not very good with codes and everything but it looks like i'm not for to get it work so please help me to finish that.

Thx

For the benefit of anyone following this, here is a couple of details I have added in a pm which I previously forgot:

I forgot to mention that the 3 cells to the right of the one you paste the formula into must be blank.

I also failed to mention that you need to manually copy the correct columns into a fresh sheet to create the import csv. This sheet needs the headings 

Part Color Quantity

with the relevant numbers in each column.