Vokhev

Parts without images

Question

There are some parts in my list of "Parts without images" that when I click on them, there actually is a picture for that colour. What's causing this? Is it just that the list hasn't been updated yet?

19 answers to this question

Hi, Vokhev;

just checked, but I don't seem to have this problem. Could you post some part/colors that are on your missing list while being already available?

Ahh, and you're thinking - I see a photo on the left of the screen; what are these guys complaining about?

The image on the left of the screen is a rendered image we  get from LEGO.com; it is NOT an actual photo. If we have an LDraw definition for the part; we create our own rendering of it, and that is shown in the middle image; and the right most image is reserved for an actual photo. We can even have more photos of a part, for example one showing the top, and another showing the bottom; if that happens you see a link below the rightmost image. For a minifig torso, if it has print on the back, we'd also need a second photo.

So for these parts; we'd really like to have an actual photo.

Take care,
Simon

But if there is an element (left) and/or LDraw image (middle), it shouldn't appear on this list: https://rebrickable.com/parts/photos/missing/

What might be the case is that these parts were added before the information of the element ID was available. Until then, there was no image, so it got on the list. Perhaps, when the element ID info became available, there was a mishap that caused the part to not be removed from the list?

Oh, I thought Nathan had changed that. Could be wrong, I am getting old... -smile-

Partially related topic, are these new classic space torso prints different to the original ones? They look the same in photos. Not handled them though. 

Just now, jaredhinton said:

Partially related topic, are these new classic space torso prints different to the original ones? They look the same in photos. Not handled them though. 

No idea. But LEGO gave them new print-numbers so I made them a new part.

Just looking at my old Benny, and while the print seems to be the same, I have the impression that the new prints are much more accurate; on my old Benny the gold disc is not precisely in the middle of its white background; on the newer print it is. The helmets are certainly new; LEGO didn't sell broken chin-straps in the 70ties, that we did ourselves... -smile-

21 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yep (I really want Benny's Space Squad - so many good memories in that set...)

That's from before my time. I grew up with the trans-green Space Police and Blacktron. This was my first minifigure:

a.jpg

LOL!

We could open a separate thread for LEGO tattoo's... (child friendly, of course -smile-)

Wouw, this thread is now "Popular" in a special box on the home page - never even knew we had that...!

The helmets from Benny's Squad are definitely a different part. The prints are a bit different on the torsos, like the white torso on in the classic space bonus a few years ago. I'm not sure if they are different from the on in that set though. I'll have a look this weekend.

What I find strange is that the white torso comes up but not the yellow.

I'd like to give a big thanks to everyone who's submitted photos.  When I first encountered my list of missing images, there were over 800 parts on it.  Now it is down to 296 and most of them are sticker sheets or game cards.

Am I remembering correctly to say that when the missing images list was created Nathan said he would consider adding the option to see parts with an image but no photo?

On 1/11/2019 at 5:24 PM, thea said:

I'd like to give a big thanks to everyone who's submitted photos.  When I first encountered my list of missing images, there were over 800 parts on it.  Now it is down to 296 and most of them are sticker sheets or game cards.

It might go down further. I took 105 part pictures yesterday that I will be uploading in the coming weeks.