Peck

Colour dilemma

Question

Hi everyone!

I'm loving Rebrickable!  Thank you for everyone's efforts in building and maintaining this site. I hope to be able to contribute in due course... Currently setting myself up but I have a problem!  I do hope someone knowledgeable might be able to help.

I have a 3867 Baseplate 16x16, and a 14769 Round 2x2 Tile (with studholder rather than the bottom cross) - in the same colour, which looks like light blue.  The problem is that the site database thinks that these pieces don't exist in the same colour.

How complete and accurate is the site's set inventory?  Is it known that there are gaps, so is it likely that I find that I have these kinds of glitches?

Thanks very much.

3 answers to this question

The database is not 100% complete. And there are cases where parts are not used in any official sets. In that case the site will say the part/color combi 'does not exists'.

14769 does exists in Light Aqua and Medium Azure, maybe that is your Light Blue? Do you have other parts in that color of which you are sure of the color name, for instance because you know from which set they come? There are also cases where 14769 and 4150 both are used in a set, but the site has only listed him as 4150. For instance when the 4150 ran out of stock during production of a set, and they continued with the 14769, In that case we need to add a new inventory version.

If you do find out from which set they are, please let us know so we can update the database and get him a step closer to 100%.

3 hours ago, jaredhinton said:

Can you upload photos? Some people on here are great color experts and a photo is always useful

Preferably with some extra parts in colors you are sure of as extra reference to counter out any lightning issues. It's hard to get the color right on a photo.