dulsi

Kreo Star Trek

4 posts in this topic

My wife got me some Star Trek Kreons for Christmas last year. After checking some reviews, I decided to purchase the Enterprise when it went on sale. While the reviews said the build quality for the Enterprise is pretty good, I was disappointed. Unlike some reviews I didn't have a problem with the lack of marked bags. The build quality still isn't as good as Lego. The pieces at the bottom of the saucer section fall off easily. The top saucer section don't stay together. The middle of the saucer section doesn't hold together well enough so there are visible gaps. On top of that the Enterprise has so many big special pieces, I don't think there is much you can make with it other than the model. I'm tempted to glue it together but it just seems so wrong to do that.

It's what caused me to find this site as I looked for other Enterprise builds. I still haven't gotten around to build a Lego Enterprise yet.

This and deep space nine is hugh project that would be cool to make in LEGO.

The hard part of building the Enterprice beyond picking which version of it you intend to build is to pick a good scale. if you would  pick minifig scale it would be hugh. 

it would be eaiser to start with smaller startrek ship like the Defiant or one of the shuttles first. where there is a full blueprints available.

another cool ship to build would be the firefly from serenity.

Well I think the scale of the Kre-o Enterprise is nice. It can fit five minifigures in the saucer section. I wouldn't do Defiant because I don't like that ship. It doesn't look Federation like to me.

Granted if I did decide to do a brickfilm which I have considered, I'd probably need a bigger bridge set.

I did see a firefly model at Brickfair, VA last year. It was huge.

On 5/27/2014 at 5:04 PM, dulsi said:

My wife got me some Star Trek Kreons for Christmas last year. After checking some reviews, I decided to purchase the Enterprise when it went on sale. While the reviews said the build quality for the Enterprise is pretty good, I was disappointed. Unlike some reviews I didn't have a problem with the lack of marked bags. The build quality still isn't as good as Lego. The pieces at the bottom of the saucer section fall off easily. The top saucer section don't stay together. The middle of the saucer section doesn't hold together well enough so there are visible gaps. On top of that the Enterprise has so many big special pieces, I don't think there is much you can make with it other than the model. I'm tempted to glue it together but it just seems so wrong to do that.

It's what caused me to find this site as I looked for other Enterprise builds. I still haven't gotten around to build a Lego Enterprise yet.

There are some small lego star trek ships here on rebrickable.  (not for minifigs) someone made an alternate enterprise with a Millenium falcon I think and I have done a fleet of ships from 75019 (as one build).