Rik

Search for Element ID

Something that's not very clear to me is how I can search the parts database in element ID number.

When I do this I arrive at the correct past (design ID), but I have to no idea of the color or print for that exact element ID.

I have my spare parts listed, in a worksheet, by element ID (as found in the manual that comes with the sets). Now I want to create custom pasts lists with these spare parts. But since a search doesn't show me the correct color/print for the part I'm a bit lost. 

Example:

Searching for 4646864 directs me to this page: https://rebrickable.com/parts/98138/tile-round-1-x-1/

How do I know it's the red transparent one that I'm looking for, without having the part in from of me or looking it up at the back of the manual?

Hi, Rik, welcome to the forum;

I fear you are right, and this seems to be a bug. According to my fellow admins, in the previous version this worked, but now, as you say, you can not determine which part/color combination is represented by a specific element id, and the search result seems to be at the wrong level; it shows you the part, but it should show you the part/color combination.

I moved your question to Bugs, and Nathan will have a look at it.

Take care,

Simon

It’s a slow way round but if you select a color all element ids are shown in the info box on the right. Eg a red 3002 shows this (ss is from phone but it’s the same on a desktop)

AF79A9EC-A42D-4863-8D9A-1F7B2AE1A274.png

With prints or unique parts this is no problem to find. However with common parts you could have to click on a lot of colors individually to find the ID you want. 

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Hi, Rik, welcome to the forum;

I fear you are right, and this seems to be a bug. According to my fellow admins, in the previous version this worked, but now, as you say, you can not determine which part/color combination is represented by a specific element id, and the search result seems to be at the wrong level; it shows you the part, but it should show you the part/color combination.

I moved your question to Bugs, and Nathan will have a look at it.

Take care,

Simon

Typically me. I start using something and the first thing I do is stumble across a bug. ?

Thanks for moving it to the correct section.

I'll be patient and wait for the fix. 

For Now I did a search on BrickSet for the part. There the colour is indicated and so I can click the correct one in the Rebrickable database.

Bug should be fixed - if the element id is only used for a single part/color combination, the search now should display that combination. Sometimes,however, LEGO uses the same element id for multiple part/color combinations. In that case, the main part page is displayed.