sourivore

I can't find my part !

Question

Thanks to Nathan for the Storage Location premium feature.

However, I want to store a piece for which I don't know the item number.

How I should find it :

- Go to Part List Search, find my part, click on it, see what is the location in my part list. Problem : Storage location is list dependant and we can only find how many we have from a certain color and in which location but not in which location

- Go to my part list and search for my part. Problem : For mysterious reasons (feature exists in part search), we don't have a textbox to search my part by name

- Export my part list. Find the color ID of my part. Look in the CSV which line is my part. Report the storage location. Problem : It is reaaaaaaally painful and not effective when there is a lot of part to look for

What is the process to do that ? I think it is a relatively common action and it should be easy...

Storage location should be really better exploited.

I know this post could be in suggestion but I probably miss an easy way to do that...

Thanks a lot !

1 answer to this question

I can"t edit my message so this is an erratum :

Problem : Storage location is list dependant and we can only find how many we have from a certain color and in which part list but not in which location

- Export my part list. Find the color ID and the part ID of my part. Look in the CSV which line is my part. Report the storage location. Problem : It is reaaaaaaally painful and not effective when there is a lot of part to look for