Retrieverfalcon

CR / New Set / New Part History

Question

It would be useful if there was a history somewhere of user-submitted CRs, new set submissions and new part submissions.

Currently, active Change Requests, set submissions and part submissions are displayed on the site homepage at the top (though this is just informational and doesn't allow any editing). Additionally, emails are sent once these are closed. 

However, I often want to look back at sets impacted such submissions few days later - this may be to add photos to new parts (since that can't be done directly) or to check if personal inventories and lost parts are accurate now that the inventory is correct and can support my desired information. I can click through from a given email but short of searching through my old emails for every reply, there is no easy way to see those sets which I likely wanted to make a change to a few days ago and delayed that change based on a needed CR, set or part submission.

If appropriate, this could be split into three distinct suggestions.

2 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, Retrieverfalcon said:

It would be useful if there was a history somewhere of user-submitted CRs, new set submissions and new part submissions.

Currently, active Change Requests, set submissions and part submissions are displayed on the site homepage at the top (though this is just informational and doesn't allow any editing). Additionally, emails are sent once these are closed. 

However, I often want to look back at sets impacted such submissions few days later - this may be to add photos to new parts (since that can't be done directly) or to check if personal inventories and lost parts are accurate now that the inventory is correct and can support my desired information. I can click through from a given email but short of searching through my old emails for every reply, there is no easy way to see those sets which I likely wanted to make a change to a few days ago and delayed that change based on a needed CR, set or part submission.

If appropriate, this could be split into three distinct suggestions.

You can see Set and Part Changes that have been completed by viewing the See Change Log for Set/Part link just above the Submit Change Request Button on each Set and Part Detail pages.  

You can also use the Change Log, which is in the drop down menu of the Other Tab at the top of each page.  This allows you to filter for specific parts or sets and users.

13 hours ago, thea said:

You can see Set and Part Changes that have been completed by viewing the See Change Log for Set/Part link just above the Submit Change Request Button on each Set and Part Detail pages.  

You can also use the Change Log, which is in the drop down menu of the Other Tab at the top of each page.  This allows you to filter for specific parts or sets and users.

While I knew about the first list, I missed the second one (I saw Change Log under the Me Tab but that was a different use entirely). This second list resolves this request for new set and part submissions and is perfect.

For CRs however, it would still be useful since those can be any number of issues (many of which revolve, for me at least, around some "bug" between parts I have in hand and the database). I can understand not wanting to publish such a listing in mass - I have to imagine not all CRs are approved and some may be extraneous entirely. If a CR is accepted, the change to a set or part is reflected in the first list you mentioned but if often logged using the userid of the admin who made the change (accurately) - this means no filter on my username will help in this case and it still requires that I remember which sets I submitted CRs for to check their individual logs.