Lebostein

How I get a part list of a set list?

Question

12 answers to this question

Using menu My LEGO > All My Parts will show you all parts. If you only have a single set list with Technic sets, All My Parts will show you all the parts in those technic sets.

If you have other sets lists, the above won't work. In that case, you could create a new part list, exclude it from build calculation, and manually add the parts from your technic sets to that list. Select each set and click Add Set's Parts to List.

Hope this helps... -smile-

Thanks, but this is not what I expected...

Why I can not use Part Lists and Set Lists as filters in the "All My Part" section? I have tried to deactivate some Part Lists and Set Lists in the "All My Part" section (checkbox beside the list name), but without success...

Edited by Lebostein

The All My Parts page only has Category and Color Filters. The box with set lists and part lists allow quick access to individual list, and the checkbox beside the lists determines if the list is used in build calculations. If you hover over the checkbox you will see the message "Use These Sets in Build Calculation".

In other words, what you are requesting is a feature that we don't have.. -smile-

But it's a feature that does make a lot of sense. I never thought about it because for now, all my sets are in the same list but once I start splitting them up, this might be useful. This could make the set list feature much more useful depending on what a list represents. For instance, I used to have a second list for my damaged parts that I still wanted an inventory of but since there was no way to exclude them from All my parts, I ended up moving them to a custom list which is a bit of a clunky way to keep inventory. As far as interface is concerned, a drilldown in All my parts for set lists and parts lists would be lean and clear. I have no idea what that involves behind the scene though.

Wait, there seems to be drilldowns for set lists and parts lists in All my parts. Do these work? I only have ones list of each currently so I'm not the best person to test this.

Well, drill-downs have a checkbox in front of the text... set/part have the checkbox after the text... -smile-

I can understand the confusion, but I have no idea what to do about it. The links can be useful, it would be a waste to remove them. And a text "THESE ARE NOT DRILL-DOWNS" doesn't make much sense either...

9 hours ago, Vokhev said:

Ok, it really looked like drilldowns so I was wondering if I wasn't asking for something that already existed.

I thought the same Thing ?

9 hours ago, Simon said:

The links can be useful, it would be a waste to remove them. And a text "THESE ARE NOT DRILL-DOWNS" doesn't make much sense either...

Im wondering why the ability to remove or add lists to the calculatuon needs to be available on every page. Is that a feature that is very important for MOC users and designers?