Lebostein

[low] GENERAL - Logout don't work

I have two accounts now (second account contains my Technic sets, to get a "All my Parts" list with my Technic sets only). But if I switch between two accounts, I can not logout. If I press logout, the the site is reloading, but I am not logged out...

Firefox 65.0.1 on Mac OS 10.12.6

Bug confirmed - Firefox 64.0 and Chromium 71.0

Work-around:
    in Firefox: click info icon (before Url) and Clear Cookies and Site Data, then logoff
    in Chromium: click info icon, click Cookies, select Rebrickable and Remove, then logoff

Thread title changed.

Old: Logout don't work
NEW: [low] GENERAL - Logout don't work

Sorry, nope. Both in Firefox 64.0 and Chromium 71.0 , anywhere on the website, if I select Logout I return to the home page.

Posted (edited)

Maybe this is related to the issue I just noticed - way too many pages are cached, so the browser does not re-request such a page. If this includes the home page and the logout URL, then only the first logout after clearing the browser cache will work. Any subsequent logout will not send the request to the server, but the browser will server the page that was returned after logout - which is the home page.

Just tested, and it is exactly like I described.

The request to "/logout/" returns a redirect to "/", which is marked as cacheable by the response header.

A second logout attempt will simply (and without requesting a logout from the server) load the home page from cache.

The underlying cause - pages being cached when they should not - is a HIGH prio bug in my opinion, because it leads to inconsistent results and strange bugs (like not being able to log out or create new part lists).

Edited by sirjective1

I've fixed the caching issues, does this work for you now?