seejay

Allow subtraction of parts from a list via the parts search interface

Question

I often want to subtract parts from my "loose parts" list and add them to another list that is the inventory of a build I have (something that isn't a moc or set).   Adding the parts to the new list is easy from the search interface in the modal dialog that comes up when clicking on a search result.  However, I'd like to be able to subtract parts from here also.    The only way to do it (that I have found so far) is to go into the loose parts list, filter by color and/org type, find the part and edit it. 

The modal _will allow_ negative numbers to be set, but when submitting, it returns a "part not added" error.   

I'm attaching a screencap of the dialog I'm talking about, with a "-4" parts to be added

05-Mar-19 1-40-17 PM.jpg

1 answer to this question

A further thought on this.  The use case I've described could be met by having the "edit this part" tab (available in the part summary dialog accessed from a user's part list) available from the color-specific part page.  Currently only the "Sets" and "MOCs" tabs are available there.    I've attached a screenshot to show what I mean.  Thanks for considering it!

11-Apr-19 6-57-32 AM.jpg