sirjective1

Pages are cached when they should not be, leading to inconsistent and outdated results

Posted (edited)

Adding a new custom list seems not to work, at least not for the second list.

It seems that the "Add new List" button issues a GET request, with the response being cached by the browser (Firefox, in my case). So hitting the button a second time will just load the cached page, instead of sending the request to the server. Instead, the button should issue a POST request, which will never be cached by the browser.

EDIT: Using a GET request works as long as the response (and the page that is being redirected to) is to not cached.

OTOH, it is good practice to only use POST requests (by using a form or script) for anything that changes server state - like creating lists. The Pro feature of backing up a list is already implemented using a POST request.

Edited by sirjective1

It seems that way too many pages are now cached. This also affects the custom list pages themselves - I added a new custom after visiting one list, and the new list is not listed when I now load the list that I visited before.

Looking at the browser's network view, I see that the list page was taken from cache.

I'm having similar issues. I'm updating some exported parts lists to remove parts purchased (using Firefox). Add new/blank part list, import list, update list, export list. Import a second list (using replace parts), update parts, export list. The exported list of the second set shows parts that were in the first list (which was replaced upon import of the second using replace parts).

Similar issues here.  Mail that I have read a few times now keeps showing as unread and I've made a post on one of my moc's three times now.  It keeps disappearing a few minutes after I post it.

I think I've figured this out now. For some reason the new load balancer I am using was defaulting to cache all the things.

Since some pages might still be cached in your browser, it might take a day or so for it to all get cleared out and start working again properly.

This also solved the issue with approving Fan Photos for MOCs. The approve button disappears after approving.