Nautilus

How to synchronize my own Database to Rebrickable

Question

Hi there,

to keep track of my LEGO collection I wrote a database in SAP. I have al lot of loose parts not organized in sets. In my database the parts are assigned to their storage locations and have a condition attribute (e.g. new, used, damaged). Now I would like to synchronize my collection to Rebrickable. My idea was to make a part list for every storage location. As Rebrickable does not have a field for part condition I thought of creating  a seperate list for every part condition and storage location. The number of lists equals number of part conditions multiplied with storage location which is easily larger than the allowed 50. Then I thought of creating just one list for each part condition and store the storage location in the additional field for storage location (Pro Plan). But I could not find any way to access this field via an API.

Does anybody have an idea how to accomplish my task?

Thanks,

Oliver

2 answers to this question

Hi, Oliver, welcome to the forum!

As the API is basically free, it makes sense you can't access Pro fields. And as far as I know, there are no plans for an additional Pro-API. Why not simply store your parts in lists based on condition, and when you want to build, export the inventory and write a simple script to add a location to each of the parts. Best of two worlds: Rebrickable's build feature and full local control over your own storage admin.

Take care,
Simon

Hi Simon,

thanks for the warm welcome and the quick response. I thought about your proposal but it is not what I need. I have all functions I need in my database. Therefore an export with script is not necessary. At the moment I would like to use Rebrickable as an online backup. My database runs on SAP. The whole stuff is 80GB+. So I do manual backups in irregular intervals. Having only part lists without storage location would redeem the data useless for recovery. On the long run I could think of using only Rebrickable but I will not enter the storage location of every part manually again. I already inventoried more than 100.000 loose parts. Tedious work.

My database helps me storing my parts. For a set I have to sort away it tells me which parts I have to put in each storage location. As I am away from home a lot of times I do building electronically, upload the ldraw file to the database and store it as a MOC. The database tells me where to find the parts to build the model in real life. Syncronizing the parts to rebrickable in lists without storage location would at the moment just be a nice to have feature without any real benefit.

Thanks anyway.

Oliver