TrueDimensions

Improvements to 'Submit Missing Images' list?

Question

Pretty low priority, but it would be nice if a couple of improvements could be made to this.

The most useful, I think, would be to include all the parts that are displayed using a 'similar image'. Right now, they aren't in this list, despite having no images.

Another useful addition would be the ability to filter out Stickers and parts in the Non-LEGO category.

Somewhat related, I think it would be cool to be able to choose which images are displayed when viewing an inventory -  Photo, LDraw, LEGO or 'Best' (which would be the current implementation). Obviously default to best. That way, it would be really easy to see which parts are missing photos when viewing a set inventory. Could be applied to any list of parts for that matter.

J

2 answers to this question

On 3/18/2019 at 8:11 PM, TrueDimensions said:

Pretty low priority, but it would be nice if a couple of improvements could be made to this.

The most useful, I think, would be to include all the parts that are displayed using a 'similar image'. Right now, they aren't in this list, despite having no images.

Another useful addition would be the ability to filter out Stickers and parts in the Non-LEGO category.

Somewhat related, I think it would be cool to be able to choose which images are displayed when viewing an inventory -  Photo, LDraw, LEGO or 'Best' (which would be the current implementation). Obviously default to best. That way, it would be really easy to see which parts are missing photos when viewing a set inventory. Could be applied to any list of parts for that matter.

J

Hello Forum!

This is my first post and guess what: I used the search!

The quoted one is exactly what I wanted to suggest as well. Finding parts without PHOTO in the own inventory is really painful when it is done manually.

Would be very cool if that could be implemented.

Workaround: could anybody post an API-request to find part/color-combinations in the own inventory missing a photo?

My search only replies the "part_img_url" which seems to be the image shown in the inventory. Could not find a clue to the actual photo in the json.

Thanks a lot for running and improving rebrickable.

Tec-Sau

Gimme a day or so to check this - I might be able to create a list of part that have Similar Image relationship (with direct link to the part) and make that list available on Bricksafe.

Do realize that when we start getting more photos for the same part/color combination, we have to get more critical concerning the photo quality. If we get one photo with a lot of shadow, and one without, we have to choose the best. A list like this might invoke people to start at the top of the list, and then several people start submitting photos for the same part/color combination. Obviously, that is NOT a problem, but it will mean that we have to select on quality.

Take care,

Simon