jjashley

Is There A Way To Remove A Set Number Of Pieces From My Parts List?

If I make a mistake and add 6 of a specific part that I really only have 5 of, is there way for me to remove one from the quantity without removing the entire part?  I did a quick search on the forums and have tried a few things on the list but I always end up deleting the part and re-adding with the correct quantity.

Thanks ahead of time.

Joe

just open it change the number, click save instead of add part. (wait, wait and wait for it to reload your full inventory after each time), This time will increase the bigger inventory you have.

Note that this will change your loose parts inventory size not your combine set + loose parts inventory. So if you have parts in both and only have the total number you will have to do the math yourself. it doesn't matter if you list both sets and loose parts at the same time.

How does the performance look now? I made a hacky change to speed it up - but it will only show you one section of parts at a time now to reduce the amount of data the browser has to load.

Yes i like it.

Only one minor problem it has to reload everytime i look ad another color or group of parts so in the end the new way is slower.

Just worked with it, i was comparing parts between to colors and than the new way is slower, i only can look at 1 color.

I have noticed the hack and it do change how you browse your parts. I haven't used the save button so maybe that where the main gain is. The GUI looks better now it doesn't flicker and loose layout in chrome when scrolling up down. I think it helps if you gót a large inventory like mine, but with a tiny I have no idea if the load time gets enoying.

So so far I remain mildly positive to the change. it has slowed down som operation but I know it speed up the primarly load and if you know where to go it's faster then if your looking for something.I need more time with it before I give a final call.

Yes maybe it is also depending on the speed of you're provider, it was loading my 137000parts in a few seconds, so for me there was no problem.

For now i will work with 2 windows to compare colors, makes no difference to me.

But adding loose parts is taking more time as it did, by changing part type or color it has to reload everytime.

Is it wise to ask if they are watching with a desktop/laptop ore a smartphone/tablet makes a huge difference in speed.

I was trying to allow multiple sections to expand but that required too much of a redesign for the time I had. I still want to give it a big overhaul to make it easier to use, it was never really designed for huge collections.

I apologize for playing a part in bogging down your site with my big loose parts list, Nathan. Now I have helped to cause you a problem that I didn't realize I would because I didn't fully understand the answer I got to my initial question about capacity. Would you like me to remove my parts to another site better able to handle them?

I have enjoyed using your site, with my only problems being the slowness now that my file has gotten large, minifigs, and the number of items lacking images since I don't recognize numbers as well as I do images, though the latter I should expect with the number of less popular pieces I have entered such as Belville, plants and animals, and Bionicle.

It has also been very helpful to me in getting my collection in more understandable and manageable order. Thank you for all of this.

JoAnn

I apologize for playing a part in bogging down your site with my big loose parts list, Nathan. Now I have helped to cause you a problem that I didn't realize I would because I didn't fully understand the answer I got to my initial question about capacity. Would you like me to remove my parts to another site better able to handle them?

Don't apologise, this is a good problem to have and I will fix it in time :) FYI the My Parts page slowness does not affect other users - its slow because the web browser cannot handle that many elements on a page very well. If I take out the drawing code, the saves and loads are near instantaneous even on the biggest accounts.