Question

Hi there, I've tried looking for an answer to my issue on the forum but I can't seem to find it.

I have a new set which is made up of one new part. I tried adding the new part yesterday but received a rejection as it was not a part it was a set. I then tried adding a new set to RB but I get hung up at the inventory portion because the new set is comprised of a new part - and that means the part cannot be found. Trying to upload a csv with the new part doesn't work as it cannot find the part in the existing inventory. I hope it's as simple as me missing something but for the life of me I can't figure it out. So for now I'm stuck in a paradox.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

4 answers to this question

Ah, now it makes sense - that is gear set, and as Rebrickable's primary use is about building, we don't add mugs and key-chains and such to our part library. That's why your part submit was rejected. Now for the sets, some people do like to add those to their set lists, so we add them with an empty inventory.

You have to add an inventory when submitting a new set, so in this case, I'd suggest adding a single 3001 to the inventory, and then in the notes to admin request that the 3001 be deleted.

Does that make sense to you? -smile-

Hi, brick_dd, welcome to the forum!

What set and part are you talking about?

Ok, that's good to know. Your description makes sense too. Thanks so much for the help Simon, much appreciated!