Tec-Sau

Mark complete Set as lost parts

Hi!

Is there any possibility to mark the whole inventory of a set as lost?

Just got a bunch of LEGO from a friend and found out some of the sets that are included by finding unique parts. Now I want to add these sets to my inventory, mark all the parts as lost and then search the boxes full of bricks for the missing parts to unmark them after I found them.

Has anyone a suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Posted (edited)

Nice! Searched the forum for an answer to my problem and finally found a post. Read it without looking at the author. When I realised that guy had the same issue that I have I saw... well he is me just some months ago!

Still no one with a suggestion?

Edited by Tec-Sau

I cannot answer your question, as I have not yet used the feature of marking parts as missing, but can share what I did when I started separating the parts of several sets, which were thrown together into a single large box.

To keep track of what I already found for each set, I created a custom list based on each set's parts (there's a button on the set page for that). I use these custom lists when searching for parts, and remove the parts I found from the lists. The custom lists now only contain the parts I have not yet found.

This may help collecting parts for each set. Of course, the missing parts are then not marked as missing. If there are few enough parts missing, you could then go through the custom lists and manually mark the parts as missing in your set.

52 minutes ago, sirjective1 said:

To keep track of what I already found for each set, I created a custom list based on each set's parts (there's a button on the set page for that). 

Same here. 

I agree with the OP. This is the method I use but it is time consuming to mark all the parts as lost when I only have a few unique parts to start off with. This then allows me to use the "my lost parts" to search my inventory trays for multiple sets at once. 

Using custom lists is ok, but you then have to open a page for each set and search inventory for parts and can only have a limited number of parts lists (without paying). 

A single button to "mark all parts as lost" would be great - but this topic should be in "suggestions" for the team to see it. 

Is there any possibility to mark the whole inventory of a set as lost?

Good, I searched the forum for an answer to my problem and finally found a post. thanks for posting.