legolijntje

Better sort the search results

Question

Lately I'm often frustrated about the (lack of?) sorting of the quick-search results in the search bar. I'm not sure if this is a regression because I feel like I'm only annoyed about this for a couple of months now. But maybe I just never noticed earlier.

Anyway, my problem is that search results are sorted in a weird way. For example, when I search for part 3023 (plate 1x2) this is what I get:

image.png.14cd3261f0c81cfe4a4207a2c88c18ba.png

The part that has actual part number 3023 is the 6th result (and in this case that means that I even have to scroll to see it).

And this is just an example, it happens with a lot more parts that parts that are exactly what I'm looking for are not at the top of the list. I would appreciated it if the search results would be the other way around as how they currently seem to be. In my opinion, this would be the best quick-search sort-order:

• Part number
  • Set number
  • Part name
  • Moc name
  • Set name

So, in the case of 3023 that would mean that 3023 is on top, followed by 30230 (which is currently 7th), followed by set 3023 and then set 30230 and then parts and sets containing 3023 in the name of the part.

But, at the very least, I'd like to see results matching the actual part number (or set number for that matter) on top no matter the rest of the sort order.

I hope that makes sense :)

2 answers to this question

On 4/10/2019 at 5:50 PM, legolijntje said:

Lately I'm often frustrated about the (lack of?) sorting of the quick-search results in the search bar. I'm not sure if this is a regression because I feel like I'm only annoyed about this for a couple of months now. But maybe I just never noticed earlier.

Anyway, my problem is that search results are sorted in a weird way. For example, when I search for part 3023 (plate 1x2) this is what I get:

image.png.14cd3261f0c81cfe4a4207a2c88c18ba.png

The part that has actual part number 3023 is the 6th result (and in this case that means that I even have to scroll to see it).

And this is just an example, it happens with a lot more parts that parts that are exactly what I'm looking for are not at the top of the list. I would appreciated it if the search results would be the other way around as how they currently seem to be. In my opinion, this would be the best quick-search sort-order:

• Part number
  • Set number
  • Part name
  • Moc name
  • Set name

So, in the case of 3023 that would mean that 3023 is on top, followed by 30230 (which is currently 7th), followed by set 3023 and then set 30230 and then parts and sets containing 3023 in the name of the part.

But, at the very least, I'd like to see results matching the actual part number (or set number for that matter) on top no matter the rest of the sort order.

I hope that makes sense :)

The search results and ranking should be much better now :)

On 4/17/2019 at 12:28 PM, Nathan said:

The search results and ranking should be much better now :)

Cool! Much better indeed. Many thanks! :D